The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Cannot connect to Intranet sites in WebView RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my windows store app, I am trying to load a link http://172.29.xxx.xx/web/ (which supposed to be Intranet site) in a WebView . We have connected to this Intranet site using VPN Client.

In my application's Package.appxmanifest file Private Networks (Client & Server) is enabled in  capabilities. But when i try to load the above link in WebView, it throws "Cannot Connect" error.    But i could connect to the google url in webivew successfully.

How could we solve this issue? Please kindly anyone let me know the solution.

Thanks.

Saturday, September 5, 2015 4:39 AM

All replies

• Are you sure the phone is on the same network?  Meaning it is connected to the same network via wifi instead of a cellular network.
    Saturday, September 5, 2015 12:34 PM
  • My application is not a Phone App. It is a PC Desktop Windows Store App.  VPN is connected in the machine in which the application is running on.

• Edited by PM16 Monday, September 7, 2015 4:59 AM
    Monday, September 7, 2015 3:02 AM
  • My application is not a Phone App. It is a PC Desktop Windows Store App.  VPN is connected in the machine in which the application is running on.

Have you try to enable the enterpriseAuthentication capability as well. This is called "Enterprise Authentication" in the manifest UI

Best Regards,
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Monday, September 7, 2015 12:55 PM
  • which VPN Client are you using? I know the cisco one gave a lot of headache with windows apps. Make sure you on the latest version of it

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Monday, September 7, 2015 1:16 PM
  • IssueKiller,

Yes. In my application's Package.appxmanifest the following capabilities are enabled
    1. Private Networks (Client & Server)
    2. Internet (Client & Server)
    3. Enterprise Authentication

But still I am getting error 14 (Cannot Connect error)

• Edited by PM16 Monday, September 7, 2015 2:05 PM
    Monday, September 7, 2015 1:19 PM
  • Hi Dave,

I am using Cisco VPN Client of version 5.0.07.0440 which is the latest one.

I am getting the 'CannotConnect' - 14 error from Windows Store App WebView while loading the link http://172.29.xxx.xx/web/ when the Site is connected via VPN Client.

• Edited by PM16 Monday, September 7, 2015 1:36 PM
    Monday, September 7, 2015 1:27 PM