Desktop App Converter error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I use windows 10 ver 15063 and I try to convert from msi file to appx. I have Download Windows_InsiderPreview_DAC_15063.wim but style take this error:

PowerShell Error Record:
    DesktopAppConverter : error 'E_STARTING_ISOLATED_ENV_FAILED': Failed to start the isolated environment. See inner exception for more details.
    PowerShell Stack Trace:
    at RaiseUserException, C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DesktopAppConverter_2.0.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\converter_util\DACLogger.ps1: line 154
    at Invoke-IsolatedInstall, C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DesktopAppConverter_2.0.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\converter_util\IsolatedEnvironmentOps.ps1: line 162
    at <ScriptBlock><Process>, C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.DesktopAppConverter_2.0.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\DesktopAppConverter.ps1: line 684
    at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 1

Inner Exception[0]:
    System.Management.Automation.RuntimeException: DesktopAppConverter : error 'E_STARTING_ISOLATED_ENV_FAILED': Failed to start the isolated environment. See inner exception for more details. ---> System.Management.Automation.MethodInvocationException: Exception calling "Start" with "0" argument(s): "Bir veya daha fazla hata oluştu." ---> System.AggregateException: Bir veya daha fazla hata oluştu. ---> Microsoft.Windows.ComputeVirtualization.HcsException: HCS function call returned error. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Bekleme işlem zamanı aşıldı. (HRESULT özel durum döndürdü: 0x80070102)
       --- İç özel durum yığını izlemesinin sonu ---
       konum: Microsoft.Windows.ComputeVirtualization.HcsFactory.Hcs.ProcessHcsCall(Int32 resultCode, String result)
       konum: Microsoft.Windows.ComputeVirtualization.HcsFactory.Hcs.Microsoft.Windows.ComputeVirtualization.IHcs.StartComputeSystem(IntPtr computeSystem, String options)
       konum: Microsoft.Windows.ComputeVirtualization.Container.<StartAsync>d__8.MoveNext()
       konum: System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
       konum: System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       konum: System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait()
       konum: Microsoft.Windows.ComputeVirtualization.Container.Start()
       konum: CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object )
       konum: System.Management.Automation.ExceptionHandlingOps.CheckActionPreference(FunctionContext funcContext, Exception exception)
       konum: System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`2.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
       konum: System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
       konum: System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Metin Morris

I have some questions:

1. Could you please tell me when you get this issue? When setup the DAC or when you are already converting the app?
    2. Could you tell me the command line you used to setup the DAC?

By the way, be aware of the limits for using desktop bridge, please ensure that you meet the requirement. You could refer Prepare to package an app (Desktop Bridge) for more details. You could also refer Package an app using the Desktop App Converter (Desktop Bridge) for the steps converting a Desktop app.

Best Regards

Roy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Metin Morris Friday, September 29, 2017 2:55 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Metin Morris Friday, September 29, 2017 2:55 PM
    Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:35 AM
  • @Metin,

Failed to start the isolated environment always tell us that your installer haven't ran into the virtual environment. There are two possible reasons as far as I know:

1. Your installer does not run into in-attend mode. For this, please test whether your installer can install under unattended mode. Execute your command for your installer before conversion and see if it will pop up any dialog. If you still can see the dialog, please fix your command first

2. Your environment is not properly built. In this situation you have to make sure that you've built your environment based on the following page:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/porting/desktop-to-uwp-run-desktop-app-converter

As Roy has mentioned there are something that you need to notice first.

If you still have any problem please feel free to share us some more details about your environment so that we can help you troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Barry   

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 4, 2017 8:44 AM
  • @Metin Morris

The Latest update KB4025342 will break the DAC. Please run the DAC on systems that don't have that update installed.

Best Regards

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 7:41 AM
  • hi,

I get the issue while converting the app.  After time I stopped antivirus program and solved the problem. Thank you for your help.

Best Regard

Metin Morris

Friday, September 29, 2017 3:12 PM