The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
How to create Windows Runtime Component in Javascript? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Is there any provision to create Windows Runtime component using Javascript language? I have Javascript library, Now I want to consume it on C#. Please advice me.

Thanks,

Pallam Madhukar 

Pallam Madhukar Windows Phone Developer

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:29 AM

Answers

• No, Javascript is not supported as a language for Windows Runtime Components 

"By using the Windows Runtime, you can create components (essentially DLLs) in C++, C#, or Visual Basic," from the official documentation .

What you can do, if you want to execute your JS code in your UWP/WPF app is to load it in a WebView and execute the code there. The resource from @Muipo's response is pretty good at illustrating how to do that and can show you can roll your own Bridge if you don't want to use a 3rd Party

• Proposed as answer by Jayden Gu Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:53 AM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:35 PM

All replies

• Wednesday, July 13, 2016 10:08 AM
  • No, Javascript is not supported as a language for Windows Runtime Components 

"By using the Windows Runtime, you can create components (essentially DLLs) in C++, C#, or Visual Basic," from the official documentation .

What you can do, if you want to execute your JS code in your UWP/WPF app is to load it in a WebView and execute the code there. The resource from @Muipo's response is pretty good at illustrating how to do that and can show you can roll your own Bridge if you don't want to use a 3rd Party

• Proposed as answer by Jayden Gu Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:53 AM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:35 PM