none
[UWP]DirectWrite rendering with Direct2D; cut glyphs

Question

• As the title says, I'm trying to render a DirectWrite layout by using Direct2D's DrawTextLayout function, but the problem is that my glyphs are rendered all uneven and ugly, even at bigger sizes, and cut to the point of becoming unreadable at smaller sizes, and I can't for the life of me figure out why this is.

I'm using 16 or so DIP and even then (this should be a standard 12pt size), the text is atrocious. I'm guessing this is a problem with the size I'm picking for the font - in which case, I'd like to know the correct way to convert points or pixels into those "DIP"s - or it's something about the render settings I'm using for the renderer - in which case I'd love to know what settings I should change, seeing as I have everything set to default right now.

Thank you in advance.

Saturday, November 24, 2018 9:09 PM

All replies

• I prefer the Win2D nuget package for UWP

https://microsoft.github.io/Win2D/html/QuickStart.htm

Sunday, November 25, 2018 10:24 AM
  • Hi,

How is the question?

Have you tried @TheNewbie's solution?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 10:09 AM