none
Publishing similar apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

For several different customers we want to deploy our Windows Phone app into the store. The app would be published by the customers themselves and would have their own custom branding (name, logos, colors). The content of our app (media websites, videos, links, etc.) can be dynamically changed and configured by the customer (at the server-side) depending on his wishes. Could it be a problem to publish these apps that are similar in terms of code and functionality?

Furthermore, our app only becomes usable after logging in with a unique access code. This code is generated by the customer at the server side and is required for authorization with the server when starting the app. Would this be an issue for the approval of the app into the store?

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 8:27 AM

All replies

• I've got similar requirement, my app allows user to creates their own cloud/host to use the app. Also means that they can create their own brand with the app.

I'm currently looking at Windows Store for Business. That's Windows Store for the businesses users (IT Dept). The blog did give me some ideas of the correct approach to my issue as a developer. Don't know how yet, found the blog few hours ago. There's links about distribution option and licensing that could show some light.

Share your finding pls.

I'm at the advance level of my experience. In life that is, based on my age. Still learning the changing ways of programming. I do what I can to give a helping hand but sometimes due to my limited knowledge and understanding the issues, by trying to help I do make things worse and more confusing that the current problem. Please accept my apologies.

Monday, February 8, 2016 5:02 PM
  • The app must be fully functional and testable upon submission so if an access code is required in order to use/test the app then you will need to provide it when you submit the app to the store.

If you have any other questions please open a support request with Dev Center support.

-Eric

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 2:10 PM
  • Thank you for the explanation, that makes things clearer. 

As the content of our app is customized per user (and access code), does this mean that we need to create a "demo" account for publishing the app? We have many different categories (with links to online content) that need to be assigned to the user's account on the server side, do we need to make sure that the demo account can test all aspects of the app or are a few examples sufficient?

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3:43 PM
  • Hello Spectator-Martin,

A demo account should be provided. On your second question, it depends. If the testers could encounter any sections that say "feature disabled" or "coming soon" then that could cause the app to fail certification unless there is a clear way within the app to enable the "missing" features.

Please open a support request if you have any additional questions on certification.

-Eric

Contact Dev Center Support

Friday, February 12, 2016 1:27 PM