none
Unplated taskbar icon for MSIX-packed Win32-application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to set an unplated image as task bar icon. Therefore I have first packed my .msi-installer with the MSIX Packaging Tool, added the needed icons to the .msix file (Square44x44Logo.png, Square71x71Log.png,...). Unfortunately, the task bar icon was plated, therefore I added another icon file (Square44x44Logo.targetsize-44_altform-unplated.png), but the icon remained plated. Do I have to edit the manifest file in any way, or what am I doing wrong?

Yours faithfully,

Elias H

Sunday, April 19, 2020 4:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Elias H,

Can you test it with a different color icon?System seems to change your icon to plated. If the unplated asset isn't specifically qualified for the current theme, the system checks the asset for contrast. If it has enough contrast with taskbar, the system uses it. Otherwise, the system looks for a high-contrast version of the asset. If it can't find one, the system draws the plated form of the asset instead. You can see more details in App icons and logos.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 20, 2020 2:36 AM
  • Dear Ms. Daisy,

unfortunately, this didn't help. I have tried to use the Windows Calendar icon and added a red (#FF0000) border to it, but the icon was still displayed plated. I use the default black/darkgrey taskbar color in Windows 10.

Monday, April 20, 2020 7:53 AM
  • Hi Elias H,

Did you sign it with MSIX Packaging Tool when you package the msi installer? Did you modified your assets after your package has been created or during the conversion process?  Could you give me the detailed steps for your packaging for me to reproduce the issue faster ? Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 7:41 AM