none
[win 8.1 ] Load latex in to equation in windows store apps. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Please help me how to load latex equation in windows 8.1 application.

I found this https://math4winrt.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest   but not working for all math formulas.

I wont use webview becoz i have to load more than 20 equations in my project.

please help me by giving source code that it will render into canvas or someother UI element.

Thanks

sarvesh.

sarvesh

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 12:17 PM

All replies

• Hi SARVESH.RVN,

Could you do some modification with your equations in your code to display it using the Win2D as the sample?

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 21, 2017 2:26 AM
  • Hi Breeze Liu,

I have latex code with me and I have to convert in to equation to show in UI

\sqrt{34+\pi} => Equation.

Also If it is possible with webview please help.

sarvesh

Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:17 AM
  • Hi SARVESH.RVN,

The WebView is a control that hosts HTML content in an app, can you code your equation to  be a HTML content? If that, it can display it in the WebView.

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 22, 2017 2:49 AM
  • Yes Breeze Liu , it can be, it is my last choice if I unable use any other library.

please share how to show my latex code in html 

Thanks

Sarvesh

sarvesh

Friday, September 22, 2017 6:30 AM
  • Hi SARVESH.RVN,

I am not familiar with your latex, but I don't think it is your last choice to use the WebView. The simplest way is to image your latex and display it in the Image control.

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:15 AM
  • Hi Breeze,

How to image my latex and shown in image control?

it should work in offline as well.

Thanks

sarvesh

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 5:35 AM
  • Hi SARVESH.RVN,

Could you see your latex in any other condition(the shape you can see)? You can snip it and save it as a .png then put it in your solution Assets folder. After that you can display it in the Image control by setting its source to this png file.

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:37 AM
  • Hi 

I have latex with me

1) "\sqrt{\frac{7}{15}}"

2) "\epsilon^k=\sqrt{\frac{\int_a^b\gamma(t)}{\sum_{i,j=1}^n\frac{i}{15}g_{ij}}}"

3) "\rtl{{\mathrm S}_55\frac1{2\cdot}}"

and it will dynamically change(it will come from server)

I have to show in my app, please help me how to do it ?

sarvesh

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 8:12 AM
  • Hello,

>>it will dynamically change(it will come from server)

Could you please tell us what do you mean about it will dynamically changed from server? For example you have this equation: "\sqrt{\frac{7}{15}}". It should render the UI in the Win2D CanvasControl as following if you followed this sample code:

Do you mean that the parameter 7 and 15 will be changed dynamically or the equation type will be changed dynamically? If so you can use the HttpClient API to get the server response to update your parameter data or your equation type. In order to get the latest data, you may need to use the DispatcherTimer or a BackgroundTask(TimerTrigger) to refresh the server request and get the latest data based on your requirement.

If I have misunderstood you, welcome to share your idea in here.

Thanks,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 28, 2017 7:13 AM
    Owner
  • Hi ,

I already got that code, but it not working for all formulas(I mentioned in my first question about this project)

it will update means from server I will get different equations at different time(it is not matter here once we convert latex in to equation) what I am saying is I have to convert dynamically.

Thanks

sarvesh

Thursday, September 28, 2017 10:12 AM
  • Hello,

Currently there isn’t an in-box equation API in our UWP. You will need to either do all of the formatting by yourself or find a 3rd party library.
    >>I already got that code, but it not working for all formulas
    This math4winrt library is the 3rd party library, if this library does not work for all your formulas, you will need to either contact the library’s author or modify it by yourself.
    >>I wont use webview becoz i have to load more than 20 equations in my project.
    If you need to use the WebView, you still need to find a 3rd party service or library that can convert the equation into HTML or a bitmap.

Besides, you can try to submit your idea and suggestion in our UserVoice website for the equation related API.

If it is very urgent, please use your developer account to open a support case by visiting this URL(https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/getsupport?wf=0&tenant=ClassicCommercial&oaspworkflow=start_1.0.0.0&locale=en-us&supportregion=en-us&pesid=15944&ccsid=636422725863896132). You will get 1:1 support on that. Besides, please kindly note that your support ticket will be free if it is Microsoft's issue. 
    Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 29, 2017 9:00 AM
    Owner