[UWP][VB.NET] How to fix dll not found exception for windows 10 phone? RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a unable to load DLL 'SQLite3' error while loading a project on windows 10 phone emulator. However, this same project works fine on my windows 10 pc. Here's my error message:

Exception thrown: 'System.DllNotFoundException' in Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.dll

Additional information: Unable to load DLL 'sqlite3': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Is their a dll copy problem with the mobile deployment or what do people recommend?

Here are my references:

UIELLUWP (My dll file I am using which references the Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.SQLite reference as well)

Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.SQLite (NuGet Package) - V1.1.2

Visual C++ 2015 Runtime for Universal Windows Platform Apps 

Windows Desktop Extensions for UWP

Windows Mobile Extensions for UWP

Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML

Their are the Universal Windows and other references that would appear in a blank UWP project.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - Sherlock Holmes. speak softly and carry a big stick - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://www.computerprofessions.us

Monday, May 15, 2017 9:20 PM

Answers

• Hi The Thinker,

I followed this docment UWP - New Database to create sqlite database and run on local machine and windows phone device. There’s no problem. I have not faced this issue. Please check if you meet the prerequisites.

Besides, what’s the OS build version on your mobile device? And What’s the target version of your project? All the relevant configurations, please check it. 

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

The mobile OS build version of my project and mobile emulator is: 10.0.10586.0.

I have tested the mobile emulator with another blank project and it is working but this project with SQLite will not work on it. 

In addition, running windows 10 professional with visual studio 2015 Update 3.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - Sherlock Holmes. speak softly and carry a big stick - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://www.computerprofessions.us

I was reading the same article (or maybe it was a very similar one) that said it worked in visual studio 2015. It evens talks about this in the text of your link: "If you are using Visual Studio 2017, you can upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform and do not need to explicitly target 5.2.2." Which leads me to believe it works in visual studio 2015 but only with certain parameters. If it works in visual studio 2017 you need to explicitly state which versions unless I can use the emulator on them all (I believe some versions do not support phone coding such as community edition because the free editions of visual studio usually had limited to no phone  programming support at all). 

I might need to renew the type certificate would that cause problems? Not meaning to bump thread but trying not to create a new project if possible. Forget about my last statement, I have tested the SQLite with another blank project and it works.

To help with future problems please check into certificate problems causing phone projects not to deploy correctly while debugging. I will close this thread but suggest a test to affirm this is what happened and it is not a possible bug. Thanks for the help everyone but I decided on a new project since my setup made it easy to just copy and paste into a new project with the same name.

• Marked as answer by The Thinker Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:09 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by The Thinker Monday, May 22, 2017 11:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by The Thinker Tuesday, May 30, 2017 10:49 PM
    Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:08 PM

All replies

• Hi The Thinker,

I followed this docment UWP - New Database to create sqlite database and run on local machine and windows phone device. There’s no problem. I have not faced this issue. Please check if you meet the prerequisites.

Besides, what’s the OS build version on your mobile device? And What’s the target version of your project? All the relevant configurations, please check it. 

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:09 AM
  • Hi The Thinker,

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support

I have tested the mobile emulator with another blank project and it is working but this project with SQLite will not work on it. 

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:26 PM
  • Hi The Thinker,

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support

I was reading the same article (or maybe it was a very similar one) that said it worked in visual studio 2015. It evens talks about this in the text of your link: "If you are using Visual Studio 2017, you can upgrade to the latest version of Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform and do not need to explicitly target 5.2.2." Which leads me to believe it works in visual studio 2015 but only with certain parameters. If it works in visual studio 2017 you need to explicitly state which versions unless I can use the emulator on them all (I believe some versions do not support phone coding such as community edition because the free editions of visual studio usually had limited to no phone  programming support at all). 

I might need to renew the type certificate would that cause problems? Not meaning to bump thread but trying not to create a new project if possible. Forget about my last statement, I have tested the SQLite with another blank project and it works.

• Edited by The Thinker Thursday, May 18, 2017 10:26 PM
    Thursday, May 18, 2017 10:26 PM
  • Hi The Thinker,

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support

To help with future problems please check into certificate problems causing phone projects not to deploy correctly while debugging. I will close this thread but suggest a test to affirm this is what happened and it is not a possible bug. Thanks for the help everyone but I decided on a new project since my setup made it easy to just copy and paste into a new project with the same name.

• Marked as answer by The Thinker Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:09 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by The Thinker Monday, May 22, 2017 11:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by The Thinker Tuesday, May 30, 2017 10:49 PM
    Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:08 PM