[UWP]LicenseInformation (purchase history) cache? is not cleared when changing users. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have an In-App purchase in my app and there is some weird behavior going on.

1) I purchase In-App purchase A from the store signed in with account X on machine 1
    2) I log out of account X from the store
    3) I removed and reinstall app and expect not to own In-App purchase A (but I do!)

Is there a way to clear the store cache from within the app? Also, I would like to have a restore purchases button in the app. The best I can find is CurrentApp.LoadListingInformationAsync() but this doesn't seem to pop up a log in dialog if the user is not currently logged into the store.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Edited by Barry Wang Monday, March 7, 2016 2:07 AM title tag
    Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:51 PM

All replies

• Hi BrainPOP LLC,

As a friendly reminder please make sure to add the appropriate tags to the title of your post as per Guide to posting: subject line tags(https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/b479e984-ca39-4b34-a6b7-85194b54d8bd/guide-to-posting-subject-line-tags?forum=wpdevelop )
    Could you tell us what type is your APP?

>>” I log out of account X from the store”

If I do not misunderstand you, account X is also a windows account. And you haven’t signed out from windows.

>>” I removed and reinstall app and expect not to own In-App purchase A (but I do!)”
    Have you logged in with another windows account?  If you don’t change your current windows account, In-App purchase A will not be disappeared.

Best Regards,

guang9Bear

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:09 AM
  • Sorry, the tagging guidelines are not advertised very clearly. Perhaps better to have a tagging system like Stackoverflow where tagging isn't part of the subject/content but a separate field. Currently, there is no indication to posters that subject lines should contain tags, nor is there a link or reference to the guidelines.

Unfortunately, logging in with a different windows account has the same effect. You can check this with any Windows UWP app.

For example:

1) Download the Crossy Road app (currently featured)
    2) Purchase a character like "Dragon"
    3) Removed Crossy Road app
    3) Log out of the store and windows and log in with a different account
    4) Download Crossy Road app with different store account
    5) Download Crossy Road app
    6) Dragon character purchase is still available after restore

I hope that you can explain what's going on. 

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 4:39 PM
  • For this issue, we are trying to invoke someone experienced to help look into it, it may take some time and as soon as we get any result, we will tell you.

Thanks for your support and understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 8:20 AM
  • I stumbled across a probably related problem UWP trial mode not working?

Maybe that helps identifying the cause.

Saturday, April 16, 2016 7:21 AM
  • This is extremely disturbing! I tested this on my Windows 10 PC and I see the exact same behavior. A license bought will be available to all users on that PC. You are giving away our licenses to other users for free. What is going on there?! On Windows 8.x this was not the case.

On Windows 10, only family members are supposed to get access to licenses you bought. But this license sharing was supposed to be only available to Microsoft accounts that are officially added to your family in the account settings. Now it looks like licenses are shared with any user who logs into a PC, no matter if he is part of your family or not. This is definitely wrong and it violates our licensing agreement. I expect to get paid when users use my app.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 8:49 PM