none
[UWP]remove defalut menu items from RadialController menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am integrating surface dial. I tried setting empty array to remove the default menu items as shown in the below:

myConfiguration.SetDefaultMenuItems(new List<RadialControllerSystemMenuItemKind> { });

But still getting the inking menu items. How can I remove those menu items. 

Note: I have canvas, RichEditBox.

dial displayed as shown below:

Thanks,

Pallam Madhukar Windows Phone Developer

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 6:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Well, currently I don't have such a device here and I'm gonna to ask other engineers to see if they have a surface Dial to test.

There might be some time delay.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 7:49 AM
  • Thanks Roy Li, I will be waiting for your response.

Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:41 AM
  • Hi,

I've asked another engineer who has such a device to test about this.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 14, 2018 5:04 AM
  • Hi Pallam,

Roy asked me to take a look at this with you. Do you still need help with this?

What is the behavior that you are trying to achieve? Why are you trying to remove the default menu items? Are yo looking to replace them with something?

Thanks,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Thursday, September 20, 2018 8:22 PM
    Owner
  • Hi James,

We still have this problem. We wanted to remove all default menu items. and have only custom menu items.

Thanks,

Thursday, September 27, 2018 3:59 PM
  • Hi Pallam,

Keep in mind that if the InkToolbar is present it will always add two custom tools to the RadialController menu (pen and stroke size). Unfortunately these tools can't be removed as they are added by the system. Is this the behavior that you are seeing?

Reference:

RadialControllerConfiguration Class

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uwp/api/Windows.UI.Input.RadialControllerConfiguration

I hope this helps,

James

Windows SDK Technologies - Microsoft Developer Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/mediasdkstuff/

Friday, September 28, 2018 12:03 AM
    Owner