The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[W10M][UWP App] How to turn on the Wi-Fi Power? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I want turn on the Wi-Fi Power in my uwp application.

How to turn on it?

if you know, please let me know.

Thanks.

Jack.

Monday, June 20, 2016 11:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Joel

If I have OEM account, how can I handle as Wi-Fi Power control?

Please let me know

Thanks

Jack.

Mentioned in the previous message, declare the wifiControl capability in your app. You will need to speak with someone within your organization for further information on meeting the requirements to declare this capability. 

It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.

• Marked as answer by jack.hong Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:02 PM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:18 AM

All replies

• In general UWP applications don't have access to change global settings or settings that may interfere with other running applications. If you want to detect the status of the network you can do that with the class NetworkInformation. Control of the devices radios is available to the OEM and carriers but is not available to other developers.  

That said, for those that do have access the WiFiAdapter class allows for all the WiFi adapters in the device to be enumerated and programmatically connected or disconnected. The adapters are enumerated with FindAllAdaptersAsync. Calling this method requires the wifiControl capability. There are some other radio related capabilities in the namespace Windows.Devices.Radios.

Access to some APIs is restricted depending on the account type that you are using for development. For more information see Microsoft's documentation on Account Types

It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.

Monday, June 20, 2016 3:46 PM
  • Hi Joel

Please let me know

Thanks

Jack.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:55 AM
  • Hi Joel

Please let me know

Thanks

Jack.

Mentioned in the previous message, declare the wifiControl capability in your app. You will need to speak with someone within your organization for further information on meeting the requirements to declare this capability. 

• Marked as answer by jack.hong Tuesday, June 21, 2016 12:02 PM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:18 AM