The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
[UWP]Send/Receive information between UWP/Desktop Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to make an UWP app that work together with a .exe program (I want to do so because of the background limitation of UWP apps), so the .exe app is like a background service that has no surface, and the UWP app is a surface to that service.

I have seen something like this before but i don't remember where.
    so is it possible?

• Edited by Barry Wang Thursday, December 13, 2018 6:49 AM title tag
    Saturday, December 1, 2018 10:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, this is possible to communicate with a .exe file inside the UWP app. You could do that using the new "fullTrustProcess" extension.

Here is a sample for this:AppServiceBridgeSample. You could refer this sample for more information.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Wednesday, December 19, 2018 6:37 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2018 3:04 AM
  • @Lersubem,

Any updates regarding this issue? Do you still need some suggestions about this?

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 26, 2018 6:34 AM