The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
[UWP]Windows 10 Hub Control is not giving the Itemized Panorama UI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing application for windows 10. and App will run Phone and Tablet. I used Hub Control for Windows/Windows Phone 8.1 development. The Hub feel like Panorama in Windows 8.1/Windows Phone 8.1. But Windows 10 the feel got changed. In windows 8.1 when we swipe item It will show next Item. But In windows 10, it looks like all the items are placed in horizontal scrollviwer.

Please help me how I can achieve the Windows 8.1 behavior. Is there properties missing?

Thanks,

Pallam Madhukar Windows Phone Developer

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 6:51 AM

All replies

• Hi All,

Do we have any document regarding this change in UI behavior.

Thanks,

Monday, February 22, 2016 7:24 PM
  • Hi Pallam,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

As a friendly reminder please make sure to add the appropriate tags to the title of your post as per Guide to posting: subject line tags

Do you mean that in the UWP app the hub control can not be swiped to show the next item? I have tested in my simulator, it works fine and I can swipe to show the next item. But if I test the app in the local machine, I can reproduce your issue in my side. If I want to navigate to different hubsection, I have to move the scrollviwer bar. It seems that it is by design.
    A workaround for this issue is that you can try to use the Pivot control for instead, it can also implement a similar effect as the Panorama control.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:22 AM
    Owner
  • Thanks Amy Peng,

I understood "On left swipe" HubControl is showing the next item when next item is not view-able completely.  I have observed that when we drag item1 half it is not navigating to second item. Is there any boolean to set this behavior? 

Friday, February 26, 2016 8:31 AM
  • @Pallam Madhukar,

It seems it is not that easy to just use a Boolean to set this behavior. I've checked the properties and I haven't find that property.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 7, 2016 10:08 AM