What is 'Dynamic collections'?

Question

• I read this from Windows Developer Blog:

"July 15, 2017  No new dynamic collections data sources allowed to be created,
    September 15, 2017  Dynamic collections API will stop providing data to your existing applications".

So my Question is What is 'Dynamic collections'?

Does it mean Facebook section, Twitter section, YouTube Section, etc.

All my apps in Windows Store are generated by Windows App Studio Using the Facebook section, Twitter section and RSS section.
    Does it mean all my app with these section will stop working after Sep. 15?

Thank you!

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 2:27 AM

Answers

• Hello,

>So my Question is What is 'Dynamic collections'?

Firstly, collection is a list of items with columns of characteristics, which is your personal data that does not depend on a website. When you add Collection section, you can choose static resources or dynamic resources:

Dynamic collections means the data is stored in App Studio's server and depends on the Internet connection. You will be able to update the data in APP Studio directly and your app will also be updated automatically.

>Does it mean all my app with these section will stop working after Sep. 15?

Your Facebook, Twitter and RSS resource will not be affected because it depends on their own website page. So you may not worry about this.

If it's helpful to you, could you please mark it as answer so that other community can also find it conveniently?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:06 AM