none
What happens if UWP certificate expires? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a uwp app in windows store and it is certificate expires in 2 days. what happens with the user using and what happens for new download? are they effected? 

Should i create a new submission with a new certificate and upload to the store?
    i went to appxmanifest->choose certificate -> select a certificate but i am seeing below message. there is not option to create a new certificate. 

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it."

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 11:16 PM

Answers

• Hi emil_tr,
    >I have a uwp app in windows store and it is certificate expires in 2 days. what happens with the user using and what happens for new download? are they effected? 
    Was this app installed from the Store instead of being installed by sideloading?Normally, if you install an app from the Store, the Store will maintain the certificate for it, and you don't need to update it yourself.
    >Should i create a new submission with a new certificate and upload to the store?
    No,you needn't to make a new submission.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by emil_tr Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:45 AM
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 5:48 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Since the problem is more related to publishing apps, I'll help you to move this thread to the Publishing Windows Store App Forum. You could get more professional support about publishing apps.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 1:42 AM
  • Hi emil_tr,
    >I have a uwp app in windows store and it is certificate expires in 2 days. what happens with the user using and what happens for new download? are they effected? 
    Was this app installed from the Store instead of being installed by sideloading?Normally, if you install an app from the Store, the Store will maintain the certificate for it, and you don't need to update it yourself.
    >Should i create a new submission with a new certificate and upload to the store?
    No,you needn't to make a new submission.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by emil_tr Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:45 AM
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 5:48 AM
  • it sounds good. So for the future submissions, can I keep using same certificate? will it be refreshed in visual studio 2019 or should i create a new one?

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it."

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:33 PM
  • If you want to submit the same app which packaged by VS, after associating the app with Store, you could package the app and upload it to the Store for some submissions. If you changed the device/VS or haven't update for your app for a long time, you'd to re-associate the app with Store for the new submission.
    • Edited by Ywz0205 Thursday, July 11, 2019 6:54 AM
    Thursday, July 11, 2019 6:53 AM