none
Codesigning failing with error -2146893808/0x80090010 when a user logs in through WinRM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In my Jenkins setup, I am trying to connect to a Windows machine(slave) from a Linux machine(master) using WinRM and using credentials of a user who is an administrator in the machine. Now when I run a job which eventually tries to run signtool to codesign an exe using a PFX certificate

EXEC : error information: "Error: Store::ImportCertObject() failed." (-2146893808/0x80090010)

However, when I log into the machine using the same user credentials and invoke the codesigning using the same command, it works fine and any subsequent jobs I run on the machine work just fine.

Could someone please take a look at this and let me know how do I solve the issue so that I don't have to log into the machine manually every time I get a new machine to run the signtool.

Sunday, September 15, 2019 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Farnadis

EXEC : error information: "Error: Store::ImportCertObject() failed." (-2146893808/0x80090010)

It means Access Denied.

It appears the WinRM service runs as a network service. This account has pretty restricted access. So this was a problem with WinRM and one of the workarounds was to use CredSSP instead. Another way to resolve this problem is to change the whole solution to an HTTP service or a message queue consumer.

For more details, please refer this similar discussion.

Best regards,

Strive

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:35 AM
  • Hi Strive,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I saw that article before and was checking if this is as designed with WinRM or a bug that we could expect to be fixed? If it is as designed, then as you suggested I might have to look for an alternative.

Thanks,

Farnadis

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:41 AM
  • Hi Farnadis,

Yes, I saw that article before and was checking if this is as designed with WinRM or a bug that we could expect to be fixed?

Do you have checked it or taken another way to solve the problem?

Best regards,

Strive

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 9:20 AM