none
The app metadata inaccurately claims support for Mixed Reality capable hardware

Question

• Hi,

I tried to resubmit an already accepted App due to some changes in the required age ratings. The app was built with visual studio 2015.

After resubmission I got the following error message in the certification report:

"Notes To Developer

The app metadata inaccurately claims support for Mixed Reality capable hardware.
    Please make sure you accurately report the supported hardware when you submit your app in Dev Center.

Please remove the following hardware from System requirements (under Properties):

· Windows Mixed Reality immersive headset"

I have tried to change the app properties of the submission process, but in the section of the hardware requirements there is a feature called "Immersives Headset für Windows Mixed Reality" which is marked by an asterisk, which indicates to me, that this hardware is required. When I do not check either one of the boxes "required Hardware" or "recommended hardware"  then I cannot save the settings because I get the error message that I have to select either one of "required Hardware" or "recommended hardware". When I do check for example "recommended hardware" then the submission fails with the error shown under "notes to developer". 

What is going wrong, since I never ever checked any boxes for Windows Mixed Reality capable hardware in the build process of the app?

Thanks a lot in advance.

best wishes,

marco

Thursday, January 10, 2019 7:17 PM

Answers

• Hi mbruns1970,

Did you choose the PC and/or HoloLens devices under the Display Mode section(In the Properties Page)? The Display mode indicate whether the product is designed to run in a immersive (not a 2D) view for Windows Mixed Reality on PC and/or HoloLens devices. If you indicate that it is, you'll also need to:

1.Select either Minimum hardware or Recommended hardware for Windows Mixed Reality immersive headset in the System requirements section that appears lower on the Properties page.
       2.Specify the Boundary setup (if PC is selected) so that users know whether it's meant to be used in a seated or standing position only, or whether it allows (or requires) the user to move around while using it.

If the product does not support any of these display mode options, leave all of the boxes unchecked.So could you uncheck the either PC or HoloLens under the Display mode to try again? If the issue still exists , please provide more details for me to analyze your issue(Don't include any personal information)?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 11, 2019 3:38 AM

All replies

• Hi mbruns1970,

Did you choose the PC and/or HoloLens devices under the Display Mode section(In the Properties Page)? The Display mode indicate whether the product is designed to run in a immersive (not a 2D) view for Windows Mixed Reality on PC and/or HoloLens devices. If you indicate that it is, you'll also need to:

1.Select either Minimum hardware or Recommended hardware for Windows Mixed Reality immersive headset in the System requirements section that appears lower on the Properties page.
       2.Specify the Boundary setup (if PC is selected) so that users know whether it's meant to be used in a seated or standing position only, or whether it allows (or requires) the user to move around while using it.

If the product does not support any of these display mode options, leave all of the boxes unchecked.So could you uncheck the either PC or HoloLens under the Display mode to try again? If the issue still exists , please provide more details for me to analyze your issue(Don't include any personal information)?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 11, 2019 3:38 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

thank you very much for your help. I should have read more carefully that the check box "PC" refers to the display mode. After deselecting all checkboxes in that section of the Properties Page, my property settings were excepted. I resubmitted my app now and hope that it will be accepted this time.

Thanks a lot again, you are a big help to me!

Best regards

Marco

Friday, January 11, 2019 3:42 PM
  • Made the same mistake as Marco. The UI is not clear for (too) quick readers.
    Monday, February 11, 2019 10:45 AM