Is it possible that OS is terminating my APP even with RestrictedCapacibilites in place? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm developing an UWP app, that needs to run indefinitely. It will not be distributed via Windows Store, therefore I'm using restricted capacibilites.

I'm using these two:

<rescap:Capability Name="extendedExecutionUnconstrained" />
    <rescap:Capability Name="extendedBackgroundTaskTime" />

Yet I get complaints from my customers, that after several hours of non-using the app, they find out that the app is not running anymore. Is it possible, that even with the extendedExecutionUnconstrained, OS can terminate my App?

Immediately after the application startup I request for ExtendedExecutionForeground session with ExtendedExecutionForegroundReason.Unconstrained and the OS grants me the session sucessfully.

Thank for suggestions.

Wednesday, September 16, 2020 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hello,

>>Is it possible, that even with the extendedExecutionUnconstrained, OS can terminate my App?

Yes, if the system feels pressure about the system resource, it may elect to terminate some apps in order to free up resources even if the app has the extendedExecutionUnconstrained capability.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, September 17, 2020 3:07 AM