none
AppContainerCheck check failed. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Microsoft.Data.Sqlite library.

but AppContainerCheck check failed error occurs when generating app package.

I selected Release and checked .NET native compile tool chain in the Properties>Build.

Thursday, June 6, 2019 9:50 AM

All replies

• I'm using Microsoft.Data.Sqlite library. And the application works well on the local computer.

The following error occurs in the app verification kit check.

I don't know what these errors mean.

Test Windows security features
    failure
    Binary analyzer
    Error detected: The following errors were detected in the binary file analyzer test:
    C: \ Program Files \ windowsapps \ 2235e81ab10d.easypatents_1.0.0.0_x64__ty75rpvg6ygqr \ The AppContainerCheck check in the SQLite.Interop.dll file failed.
    Unmodified Impact: If your app does not use the possible Windows protection, your computer is more likely to be exposed to malware.
    What to do: Apply required linker options (SAFESEH, DYNAMICBASE, NXCOMPAT, and APPCONTAINER) when linking apps. For more information, please see the link below.

Supported API Tests
    failure
    Supported APIs
    Error detected: The following error was detected in the supported API test:
    The API CryptDuplicateKey in advapi32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    APIs in kernel32.dll AreFileApisANSI is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    API CompareStringW in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    API CreateFileA in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    API CreateFileMappingA in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    API CreateFileMappingW in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    API CreateFileW in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    API GetFileSize in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    API GetModuleHandleExW in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    The API GetModuleHandleW in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    The API GetOEMCP in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    The API GetStartupInfoW in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    API HeapValidate in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    API LCMapStringW in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    The API LoadLibraryA in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    The API LoadLibraryExW in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    API LoadLibraryW in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    API MapViewOfFile in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    The API RtlCaptureContext in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    The API RtlVirtualUnwind in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    The API UnhandledExceptionFilter in kernel32.dll is not supported for this type of app. SQLite.Interop.dll calls this API.
    Unmodified Impact: Using APIs not included in the Windows SDK for Microsoft Store apps violates Microsoft Store certificate requirements.
    What to do: Review the error message to identify APIs not included in the Windows SDK for Microsoft Store app. Apps that are built into a debug configuration or that are not enabled for .NET native may pull in APIs that do not support this environment and may fail in this test. If applicable, retest your app in the release configuration by enabling .NET native. For more information, please see the link below.
    An alternative to the Windows API for the Microsoft Store app.

Thursday, June 6, 2019 8:14 PM
  • Hi,

From the test, it seems that some parts of the APIs you are using is not supported in your app. It might be some win32 APIs or other APIs. Here I have some questions about your issue.

Which VS you are using, VS2017 or VS2019? What's the OS version of your app? What's the target version of your app?

I made a test with this Microsoft.Data.Sqlite. I followed the document here to create a DataBase app targeting build 18362 using VS2017 and package it in release mode. Then I launched the WACK test and I passed it.

Are you using the NuGet package Microsoft.Data.Sqlite? If so, what about run the WACK test for your app without the Microsoft.Data.Sqlite library? Have you tried to created a blank app and add Microsoft.Data.Sqlite library to run the test again?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by JoonDong2 Friday, June 7, 2019 2:49 PM
    Friday, June 7, 2019 3:18 AM
  • I'm using SQLitePCLRaw.core, SQLitePCLRaw.lib.sqlcipher.windows, and SQLitePCLRaw.provider.sqlcipher.uwp10 libraries with Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.

It works well if I deleted the libraries except microsoft.data.sqlite.

Friday, June 7, 2019 2:49 PM
  • Hi,

Well, I'm confused about what you said. Could you please tell me you where installed the SQLitePCLRaw.core, SQLitePCLRaw.lib.sqlcipher.windows, and SQLitePCLRaw.provider.sqlcipher.uwp10? Are them nuget packages? Also are you following a tutorial to use SQLite? If so, do you mind show me which tutorial that you are following?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 6:35 AM