none
Ensuring an app always installs, launches and remains launched RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

One of the most common complaints from customers who leave me negative reviews is that the app stays stuck on the splash screen and does not install, or that if installation completed, it shuts down as soon as it is launched. Neither of these occurences happen when I test the app on my computer, and I always test the release version. This has me hypothesize that one or more of the Nugets I used may not be compatible with the Windows OS Build in the customer's computer, even though the customer was able to find the app in the Store, download and install it. Then again my hypothesis could be wrong. As a developer, is there something I need to do that I am presently not doing to ensure that if a customer can find, download and install my app from the Store, that the app will always install, launch and remain launched?

Best Regards,
    Dspfinder
    Friday, November 8, 2019 11:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand your feelings. May I have a question here? Do you have any error log tools in your app like App Center? If you have used such a tool in your app, could you please check the error log to see if there are some useful message? If not, developers could use App Center to Build, Test, and Distribute applications. Once the app's deployed, developers monitor the status and usage of the app using the Analytics and Diagnostics services, and engage with users using the Push service. 

Another thing is since you are assuming that some Nugets is not compatible with some Windows OS build, are you using the latest version of Nugets?

Is it possible to use some Nugets in lower versions that might be more compatible?

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, November 11, 2019 1:39 AM