none
[C#][WP8.1][winRT] Unexplained exceptions RRS feed

  • Question

  • I get some really weird exceptions that never happened before...

    {System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Unspecified error

    Unspecified error

       at Windows.Storage.Pickers.FolderPicker.PickFolderAndContinue()
       at <secret^^>
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__3(Object state)
       at System.Threading.WinRTSynchronizationContext.Invoker.InvokeCore()}

    Also, adding items to an observable collection sometimes yields

    A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in SYSTEM.NI.DLL

    Additional information: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

    These did not happen before I moved to windows 10 machine and installed the windows 10 UAP SDK.

    Please note that I am still compiling this with Windows Phone 8.1 and Visual Studio 2013.

    Wednesday, June 10, 2015 7:50 PM

Answers

  • Nah, it works fine now. I restarted the phone and the exception was gone.

    As for the ObservableCollection, it was databound to a flipview with a stackpanel as itempanel. I fixed it by replacing the stackpanel with a virtualizing stack panel.

    Monday, June 15, 2015 4:53 PM

All replies

  • That's an access denied HRESULT, which I don't understand in this context.  Can you test this code in a Windows Store app and see if it works?

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Monday, June 15, 2015 3:54 PM
  • Nah, it works fine now. I restarted the phone and the exception was gone.

    As for the ObservableCollection, it was databound to a flipview with a stackpanel as itempanel. I fixed it by replacing the stackpanel with a virtualizing stack panel.

    Monday, June 15, 2015 4:53 PM