[Desktop Bridge] DLL not found exception in UWP application. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    i am using the 1.0.84 version of System.Data.SQLite DLL in my Desktop application. I would like to convert the Desktop application to UWP using the Desktop Bridge technology introduced by Microsoft in their Project Centennial program. I am using the Desktop App Converter which require a Setup '.exe' as input and it generates an AppX Package for the application.  

When the package is created, I tested it on a system which has Windows 10 Professional O.S. with the Anniversary update. At the time of launch the application gives an error - "Could not load file or assembly "System.Data.SQLite.dll" or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the path specified." I have ensured that the DLL is getting packed properly inside the setup because when I install the setup the application is running properly.

Is there any such issue of version 1.0.84 of System.Data.SQLite.dll with the UWP environment? Does anyone know why it gives a DLL Not Found exception? I really appreciate any assistance on this.

thank you
    Friday, February 17, 2017 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Do you check does your package architecture and  SQLite.dll  architecture are the same?  

Make the community better together

Friday, February 17, 2017 6:50 AM
  • Hello Sanj M,

Please check the following document first:

"Your app uses a dependency in the System32/SysWOW64 folder. To get these DLLs to work, you must include them in the virtual file system portion of you AppX package. This ensures that the app behaves as if the DLLs were installed in the System32/SysWOW64 folder. In the root of the package, create a folder called VFS. Inside that folder create a SystemX64 and SystemX86 folder. Then, place the 32-bit version of your DLL in the SystemX86 folder, and place the 64-bit version in the SystemX64 folder."

So if you need to make them works, after you've used the converter, you will find it automatically build the VFS environment for you. What you need to do is to put your dll to the above mentioned place and then use the MakeAppx command list on here. In this way you will be able to get the required dll and it will be mapped and copied to the target machine's system32 folder when they install your app.

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Azat Tazayan Monday, February 20, 2017 6:53 AM
    Monday, February 20, 2017 4:51 AM
  • I have tried exactly using the instructions you provided, I am still receiving the same error for the SQLite DLL not found.  Are there any other suggestions?
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:10 AM