none
Downloading published app not working from Windows Phone 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.
    I have published an application submission that contains separate packages for: UWP, Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1.
    "Device family availability" section was correctly pointing that all mentioned Windows version was covered.

I have set availability to:
    "Make this product available but not discoverable in the Microsoft Store and:
    Direct link only: Any customer with a direct link to the product's listing can download it, except on Windows 8.x"
    So available but hidden.

Now I try to access provided store link and it's working fine on Windows 10 (desktop and mobile), but on Windows Phone I don't see the option to download app, only the label "You own this app" and option to "install on mydevices" but it's states that "no applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account".

It used to open the Store app some time ago. Now it seems it's not working for my app or any other app available in the Store targetting Windows Phone 8.1 (I tested Netflix, Slack beta, Uber).

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:44 AM

All replies

• Hi pabolcoo,

Which did you choose for the Audience on the Pricing and availability page? Public audience or Private audience?

If the app was published with private audience,the user in the group could view the app's listing and download the app, as long as they signed in with the Microsoft account associate with the email address that you entered and are running Windows 10, version 1607 or higher.

If the app was published with public audience, could you check the System requirements in the Store with your Windows Phone 8.1? And tell me more details about your issue to analyze.

>only the label "You own this app" and option to "install on mydevices"

'You own this app' means that this app has been purchased by this account before.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 22, 2018 5:42 AM
  • Hi.

I chose "Public audiences".

System requirements visible from Windows Phone are:

Minimum:
    OS - XboX One, Windows 10 version 10586.0 or higher, Windows 8 Mobile, Windows 8.1
    Architecture: x86, x64, ARM
    Touch: Not specified
    Bluetooth: Not specified

Recommended:
    OS - XboX One, Windows 10 version 10586.0 or higher, Windows 8 Mobile, Windows 8.1
    Architecture: x86, x64, ARM
    Touch: Integrated touch
    Bluetooth: Integrated Bluetooth

Thursday, November 22, 2018 7:30 AM
  • Hi pabolcoo,

>Now it seems it's not working for my app or any other app available in the Store targetting Windows Phone 8.1

Did your app sideload on your Windows phone 8.1 successfully? If it did, could you check your installation list to to see if your Windows Phone device exists?If you have 10 devices  and no this Windows Phone 8.1 on the list, you'll need to remove 1 in order to add it. For more information  please refer to Your device isn't on the installation list.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 23, 2018 3:27 AM
  • Yes, I have managed to sideload the app many times without any problem before submitting to the store.

Windows Phone 8.1 device is also listed on "Devices" site, with total of 5 devices.

Friday, November 23, 2018 7:09 AM
  • Hi pabolcoo,

Sorry for the delay reply. Could your app be installed successfully from the Store with other Windows Phone 8.1 devices and the same account?If you want to track your app more accurately, it is a wise way to make a support ticket through your developer account.Please click 'Contact us' ,select 'Dashboard issue' as the support topic and proper issue type to submit an incident.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 5:54 AM
  • No, I tried 2 other devices and the app can't be installed either.

As I said, it's not only and issue with my app, I can't install Netflix, Slack beta, Uber (apps targeting Windows Phone 8.1) from the Store website, but they install fine through app. Interestingly, WhatsApp works like I describe - opening Store app website in web browser immidiately launches Store app on WhatsApp page.

It was working correctly few moths ago. Maybe it has something to do with Store redesign.

I have submitted a support ticket. Thank you.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:22 AM
  • Hi pablocoo,

Sorry for any inconvenience. You could provide your ticket number here if your problem has not been well solved. We could help you to consult the related team with the ticket number.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Friday, November 30, 2018 2:23 AM
  • Hi Daisy.

My issue has still not have been resolved.
    The ticket number is SRX1450141213ID (or case Id 141450141213)

I found similiar issue here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/all/microsoft-store-display-only-install-on-my-devices/9443ee4b-7bf0-49b3-8ba9-472fbda173fd
    The user suggests it's because system doesn't reach the requirements. But it doesn't seem possible - there's not hardware requirements on the app page (except: OS Xbox One, Windows 10 version 10586.0 or higher, Windows 8 Mobile, Windows 8.1 and architecture: x86, x64, ARM, ARM64).
    Also this app was working downloading just fine few months earlier.

If there's any way it can be resolved I would really appreciate it. It has already been few months.

Best regards.

Pawel.
    Friday, February 22, 2019 2:19 PM
  • Hello.

The app is now officially published and publicly available.

Unfortunately it still can't be downloaded on Windows Phone, although it now correctly redirects to Store app, but end with and error:
    "Service not available The Store isn’t available at the moment. Please check back in a bit. Inquiring minds may find this error code helpful: 805a01f4”

It’s also not searchable from the Store app on the phone.

Windows 8.1 desktop is not working either - it can't be found in the Store and the website doesn't redirect to the Store (the same situation as previously on WinPhone)

The support isn't helpful at all - they just inform that the "investigation team is still working on the issue" (for over half a year!).

App store id is 9nxx6tc38qc6.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 10:20 AM