none
Desktop Bridge: Changing windows wallpaper RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have converted my win32 app to UWP app using Desktop Bridge.
    When I run my win32 app in windows 10, my program could change the wallpaper successfully.
    But when I run converted UWP app in windows 10, my program could not change the wallpaper.
    In cpp code of my win32 app, I change the value "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Control Panel\\Desktop\\WallpaperStyle" to

0: centered 2:stretched 6: fit the screen 10: cropped to fill

It seems UWP does not allow modifying registry value. Can I fix this problem?

I also ran the Windows App Cert Kit (WACK).
    I encountered an error in optional tests, I think it might not be a serious problem, but  I would like to fix them if there is any method.

Here is the result of optional tests:

Package sanity test

PASSED
        Archive files usage

FAILED
        Blocked executables

Error Found: The blocked executables test has detected the following errors:
            File myapp.exe contains a reference to a "Launch Process" related API kernel32.dll!CreateProcessW
            File myapp.exe contains a reference to a "Launch Process" related API shell32.dll!ShellExecuteW
            File myapp.exe contains a reference to a "Launch Process" related API shell32.dll!ShellExecuteExW
            File myapp.exe contains a blocked executable reference to "cMd".
            File myapp.exe contains a blocked executable reference to "reg".
            File myapp.exe contains a blocked executable reference to "dNX".
        Impact if not fixed: Launching executable files is restricted on Windows 10 S systems. Apps that rely on this capability might not run correctly on Windows 10 S systems.
        How to fix: Identify which of the flagged entries represent a call to launch an executable file that is not part of your app and remove those calls. If the flagged files are part of your application, you may ignore the warning.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 12:30 PM

All replies