none
[UWP]Windows 10 universal app on windows 8/8.1 Phone/Store app RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

Is it possible to run a windows 10 universal app on windows 8/8.1 Phone/Store app? If not, kindly let me know how Windows 10 universal app will be supported on windows 8/8.1 Phone/Store app.

• Edited by Martin Zhema Monday, September 19, 2016 10:33 AM add tag
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 11:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you mean "launch a Windows 10 app from previous version" you can use the method Launcher.LaunchUriAsync passing the registered URI of the Windows 10 App.

Instead, if you mean to utilize some Windows 10 API on your Windows 8/8.1 App there is no way at the moment. However, you can decide to upgrade your app to Windows 10 (UWP) to use the new features and still mantain the 8/8.1 version.

I hope you found this reply useful.

Francesco Bonacci / Microsoft Student Partner francesco.bonacci@studentpartner.com

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 12:58 PM
  • Hi Francesco,

Thanks for your response.

For more clarity - we are developing native mobile application using universal windows platform template(Universal) which is targeting Windows10 devices. We would like to know app which we are developing will it work on windows 8 or 8.1 devices ?

Hope, you got my question.

Many thanks,

Kind Regards,

Anselm

Thursday, August 4, 2016 11:26 AM
  • Let me ask you another question:

If I develop a app contains some SDKs that my target platform does not have, can I run the app on that platform?

You should know the answer now :)

• Edited by Jamles Hez Friday, August 5, 2016 7:49 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2016 7:49 AM
  • will my app build for win7 64, targeting win7 64 bit APIs, run on windows 3.1 32 bit?
    i don't understand that question for the answer is contained within the question...

Friday, August 5, 2016 1:29 PM