none
new certificate must be installed for this app package RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to package a CDA using Visual Studio Desktop Bridge. Everything works as it should with Visual Studio 2017 update 4, the package is created. When I sideload the app to either my windows surface or laptop both windows 10 I get the following error.

Either a new certificate must be installed for this app package or you need a new app package with trusted certificates. Your system administrator or the app developer can help. A certificate chain was processed but terminated in a root certificate that isn't trusted (0x800B0109)

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 8:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Terry,

According to the error message, you need to install the certificate file that is used to sign your package on your machine. After that, you will be able to sideload your package on that device.

You might follow the steps below to install the certificate.

Double click the certificate file in the app package folder:

Click the install button, choose local machine and click next.

Open the certificate Store and select trusted people:

Click Ok and Next to finish the installation.

Then that error will not persist.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew WuModerator Monday, December 25, 2017 1:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by monaro1961 Monday, February 25, 2019 10:07 PM
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 8:03 AM
  •  

Hi Bob

Thanks for the help neither of those two links worked. Just some informative feedback those links were rather vague and cryptic. Could you please help me without links as Roy Li did.

Regards

Terry

Harrison

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 5:59 PM
  • Hi monaro1961,

According to your description, I will move your thread to publish window store forum for professional help.

Thank you for participating in the forum activities.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 21, 2017 6:22 AM
  • Hi

Zhendong

Your solution was the same as Roy li’s and when I went to side load it to my Windows surface unfortunately I received the same error message. Thanks for the help.

Regards

Terry

Harrison

• Edited by monaro1961 Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:13 PM
    Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:12 PM
  • Hi

Zhendong

Your solution was the same as Roy li’s and when I went to side load it to my Windows surface unfortunately I received the same error message. Thanks for the help.

Regards

Terry

Harrison

Sunday, December 31, 2017 2:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

By default, all app packages that Visual Studio generates are signed with a test certificate.

The certificate must be installed on the machine before the app package is installed.

Check this Docs:https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/br230260(v=vs.85).aspx

So try to install certificate,steps see following post.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/22274a81-df6b-45cd-b796-2e207af72672/uwp-certification-issue?forum=win10itprogeneral

Sincerely,

Bob

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by monaro1961 Friday, February 22, 2019 8:43 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by monaro1961 Friday, February 22, 2019 8:44 PM
    Wednesday, December 20, 2017 1:19 AM
  •  

Hi Bob

Thanks for the help neither of those two links worked. Just some informative feedback those links were rather vague and cryptic. Could you please help me without links as Roy Li did.

Regards

Terry

Harrison

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 5:59 PM
  • Hi monaro1961,

According to your description, I will move your thread to publish window store forum for professional help.

Thank you for participating in the forum activities.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, December 21, 2017 6:22 AM
  • Hi Terry,

According to the error message, you need to install the certificate file that is used to sign your package on your machine. After that, you will be able to sideload your package on that device.

You might follow the steps below to install the certificate.

Double click the certificate file in the app package folder:

Click the install button, choose local machine and click next.

Open the certificate Store and select trusted people:

Click Ok and Next to finish the installation.

Then that error will not persist.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Mattew WuModerator Monday, December 25, 2017 1:42 AM
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 8:03 AM
  • Hi

Zhendong

Regards

Terry

Harrison

• Edited by monaro1961 Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:13 PM
    Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:12 PM
  • Hi

Zhendong

Regards

Terry

Harrison

Sunday, December 31, 2017 2:31 AM
  • Some people are complaining that the response from Mattew Wu is not working. I liked his response. It worked well for me except that in his wizard I chose the root trusted certificates in the Certificate Store as explained here, as well.

Thank you Mathew Wu for helping me. EXCELLENT response.

Nam

• Edited by namwam Wednesday, May 1, 2019 6:56 PM corrected typo
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 12:18 AM