The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
[UWP][Desktop Bridge]Where is Windows.Foundation.UniversalApiContract? RRS feed

• Question

• I am calling: FullTrustProcessLauncher.LaunchFullTrustProcessForCurrentAppAsync(); to launch a win32 application in my uwp application. Then I am trying to open the connection between my uwp and win32 application, and send a message from uwp to win32. I create a ValueSet valueSet = new ValueSet();

But at compile time, it complains: Error CS0433 The type 'ValueSet' exists in both 'Windows.Foundation.FoundationContract, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, ContentType=WindowsRuntime' and 'Windows, Version=255.255.255.255, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, ContentType=WindowsRuntime'

I do manually add the reference to C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\UnionMetadata\Windows.winmd to be able to call FullTrustProcessLauncher, and I believe I want to use the ValueSet inside this Windows.winmd.

I am confused where is the Windows.Foundation.FoundationContract, how it is in my project? How could I remove it?

I also delete the bin and obj folder, restart visual studio 2015 and rebuild. It doesn't help.

• Edited by David_FF Tuesday, February 28, 2017 7:44 AM title tag
    Monday, February 27, 2017 6:51 PM

All replies