none
Lumia Imaging SDK 3.0 Quick Start error on GrayscaleEffect() on Mobile Emulator 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I am testing the Lumia Imaging SDK 3.0 quick start sample

The sample works fine on my desktop but produce this error when running on Mobile Emulator 10.

public MainPage()
        {
            this.InitializeComponent();

double scaleFactor = 1.0;
            scaleFactor = DisplayInformation.GetForCurrentView().RawPixelsPerViewPixel;

_writeableBitmap = new WriteableBitmap((int)(Window.Current.Bounds.Width * scaleFactor), (int)(Window.Current.Bounds.Height * scaleFactor));
            _thumbnailImageBitmap = new WriteableBitmap((int)OriginalImage.Width, (int)OriginalImage.Height);
            _grayscaleEffect = new GrayscaleEffect();
            _brightnessEffect = new BrightnessEffect(_grayscaleEffect);
            m_renderer = new SwapChainPanelRenderer(_brightnessEffect, SwapChainPanelTarget);

LoadDefaultImageAsync();
        }

The line _grayscaleEffect = new GrayscaleEffect(); raised the error. System.IO.FileNotFoundException

at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetWinRTFactoryObject(IntPtr pCPCMD)
    at Lumia.Imaging.Adjustments.GrayscaleEffect..ctor()
    at QuickStart.MainPage..ctor()
    at QuickStart.QuickStart_XamlTypeInfo.XamlTypeInfoProvider.Activate_0_MainPage()
    at QuickStart.QuickStart_XamlTypeInfo.XamlUserType.ActivateInstance()
    I do not have a physical device for Windows 10 mobile to test. What am I missing?

Sunday, June 19, 2016 3:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• More like a deploy issue, try to clean the solution and build again, or perhaps the WP emulator problem, can try with another machine.
    Monday, June 20, 2016 1:47 AM
  • More like a deploy issue, try to clean the solution and build again, or perhaps the WP emulator problem, can try with another machine.
    Cleaning the solution and re-building didn't fix it. I don't have another machine to try. Did you test it on your machine and managed to build it?
    Monday, June 20, 2016 2:15 AM
  • Hi Sabahan,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! 

Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools .

I have tested the sample in my side with local machine, Lumia929, Lumia640 and emulator. It can work well in local machine , Lumia929 and Lumia640. So it seems to be an emulator issue. What’s the version of the mobile emulator you are using for testing?

Best Regards, Sunteen Wu

• Proposed as answer by Sunteen Wu Friday, July 1, 2016 2:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabahan Friday, July 1, 2016 2:55 AM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 6:07 AM
  • Hi Sunteen,

Thanks for the response and taking the time to test it. I think you might be right about the mobile emulator. The version I have is 10.0.10240.0 WVGA 4 inch 512MB

I've ordered a physical mobile device running Windows Mobile 10. I'll test it on that device when I have it and will update my finding here.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 6:52 AM