none
[RS3:1709]Certification failure due to "unsupported APIs" after upgrading to 16299 SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've just updated VS to 15.4 and installed the new 16299 SDK, then proceeded to update my app to target the new SDK (set build 16299 as both the minimum and target version).

The app is a simple UWP app that's already available in the Store, and I've tested this new app package targeting build 16299 with the Certification Tool, which said everything was fine. But, after uploading the package to the Dev Center, I got a certification error saying I used unsupported APIs. What's weird is that if I build the same exact app targeting build 15063 I get no errors.

Here's a screen of the issue: http://i.pi.gy/300Km.png

Is anyone else working with the new SDK having this issue? It looks like a server-side error with the certification, so I don't know what I can do about it on my end.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sergio

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your reporting this problem here.

Since it could be an issue with new SDK, I need to report to related team to have a check.

I'll keep you posted.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 2:45 AM
  • I have the same problem. I updated 2 of my Apps to 16299 and use the Fluent Design. The store certification always fails, but the local App Certification wizard success.

I do use RELEASE for my packages, and .NET Native tool is also included as before. I tried to exclude PDB files, get the same error. I assume this is a NuGet package problem in Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform 6.0.1

TEMP WORKAROUND:

DOWNGRADE THE PACKAGE TO 5.4.1 WILL FIX THE PROBLEM

To reproduce, change the App target framework to 16299 for both target and min, generate app package and submit to store.

• API ClearCommBreak in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API ClearCommError in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API EscapeCommFunction in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API GetCommModemStatus in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API GetCommProperties in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API GetCommState in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API PurgeComm in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API SetCommBreak in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API SetCommMask in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API SetCommState in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API SetCommTimeouts in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API SetupComm in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API WaitCommEvent in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API OpenCommPort in kernelbase.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.

Plus, the category for this question should not be Windows Phone Dev Center, it is the universal store on Windows 10, my App is targeting Windows 10 desktop.

Issue tracking on GitHub: https://github.com/dotnet/corefx/issues/24754

• Proposed as answer by Edi WangMVP Thursday, October 19, 2017 1:07 PM
    • Edited by Edi WangMVP Friday, October 20, 2017 5:48 AM
    Thursday, October 19, 2017 4:51 AM
  • I am getting the same error when submitting 16299 apps:

Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
    • API ClearCommBreak in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API ClearCommError in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API EscapeCommFunction in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API GetCommModemStatus in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API GetCommProperties in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API GetCommState in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API PurgeComm in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API SetCommBreak in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API SetCommMask in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API SetCommState in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API SetCommTimeouts in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API SetupComm in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API WaitCommEvent in kernel32.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.
    • API OpenCommPort in kernelbase.dll is not supported for this application type. System.IO.Ports.dll calls this API.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:52 PM
  • the downgrade to 5.4.1 worked for me as well.
    Thursday, October 19, 2017 4:18 PM
  • Hi all,

Currently, anyone who have this issue please open a support ticket through your developer account.

Please select "Application" as your Issue Type and click "Submit an incident".

Thank you.

Best regards.

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 20, 2017 3:17 AM
  • Opening a support ticket is a waste of time as I receive a totally unhelpful reply which wants to send me down a circular rabbit hole.

"Thank you for contacting us. For assistance with Windows Application Certification Kit (WACK) failures, please contact developer support here: http://aka.ms/storesupport"

Uh "contact developer support", that's what I just did, and the person obviously didn't take the 5 minutes necessary to understand the problem as I'm not having an issue with the WACK, the store is.

Thursday, October 26, 2017 8:13 AM
  • Hi all,

This issue should be fixed now.

Could you please try it again? Any feedback or result will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Peter DC Friday, November 3, 2017 6:40 AM
    Friday, November 3, 2017 6:14 AM
  • Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform 6.0.1 is now passing store certification.

Thanks for the help.

Friday, November 3, 2017 6:39 AM