The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Windows store failed certification (WACK) for sqlite RRS feed

• Question

• Hi... recently I submitted my UWP app (creating using Xamarin) to Windows store and it failed certification because of sqlite. Namely the issue was:

Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:

• API sqlite3_aggregate_context in e_sqlite3.dll is not supported for this application type. .UWP.dll calls this API.
    • API sqlite3_aggregate_count in e_sqlite3.dll is not supported for this application type. MyApp.UWP.dll calls this API.
    • API sqlite3_backup_finish in e_sqlite3.dll is not supported for this application type. MyApp.UWP.dll calls this API.

The funny thing is, my app uses Microsoft.AppCenter library in which is created by Microsoft and encouraged to use in Xamarin/UWP projects. It has a DIRECT DEPENDENCY to SQLite.pcl, which it is saying is not valid to use. See:

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.AppCenter/2.1.1

So how can my app fail validation if AppCenter requires it?!? Even if I try to uninstall the nuget for SQLite it gives me an error saying I cannot because AppCenter relies on it. I would have to stop using Microsoft AppCenter which would be backwards because Microsoft ENCOURAGES me to use that in my app.

See this link from Microsoft documentation saying how to use Appcenter for Xamarin which includes UWP apps:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/appcenter/sdk/getting-started/xamarin

Finally I followed Microsoft’s documentation on using Sqlite for Xamarin, even choosing the EXACT nuget package they suggested. See:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/xamarin-forms/data-cloud/data/databases

Why would Microsoft suggest using a package that doesn’t even work?!?

I went through all the tests for my project and even sideloaded the app on several devices for testing. It works fine. So why is it being rejected?

Someone please help!

Thursday, July 18, 2019 3:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Which version of the SQL you are using?  I checked the NuGet Gallery page, the stable one is 1.5.231. Which version you are using? 

What architectures are you supporting in the your app? App Center don't yet support ARM64 architecture in UWP. For more information please refer this link:UWP store submission fails because of AppCenter SDK

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Javan Friday, November 8, 2019 2:17 PM
    Friday, July 19, 2019 2:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Which version of the SQL you are using?  I checked the NuGet Gallery page, the stable one is 1.5.231. Which version you are using? 

What architectures are you supporting in the your app? App Center don't yet support ARM64 architecture in UWP. For more information please refer this link:UWP store submission fails because of AppCenter SDK

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Javan Friday, November 8, 2019 2:17 PM
    Friday, July 19, 2019 2:53 AM
  • I will try with ARM64 disabled, Roy Li. 

Shouldn't AppCenter make this clear? I've been banging my head against the wall for months trying to get this app in the app store and nobody's been able to give me answers. 

• Edited by Javan Friday, November 8, 2019 3:53 AM
    Friday, November 8, 2019 3:52 AM
  • FYI that worked.

Thanks for the help, Roy.

Friday, November 8, 2019 2:17 PM