[Desktop Converter]Does c ++ desktop bridge application require redistributable packages? RRS feed

• Question

• I am porting desktop game applications using DirectX 9.0c and VS2017 C++ runtime to UWP by Desktop Bridge.
    I know UWP apps need universal CRT.

I have two questions here.
    1. Do I need to provide DirectX 9.0c runtime to users?
    2. Do I need to provide VS2017 redistributables to users?

Thanks.

• Edited by mkawasaki Monday, December 18, 2017 4:04 AM
    • Edited by Breeze Liu Tuesday, December 19, 2017 5:56 AM [Desktop Converter]
    Monday, December 18, 2017 3:52 AM

Answers

• Hi mkawasaki,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! Please utilize tagging when posting to this forum, thanks!

If you want to convert you app to UWP app, your app need to meet the requirement as the Prepare to package an app, then you can Package your app using the Desktop App Converter. See all the topic about Desktop Bridge

If your app can be converted to UWP successfully and you plan to publish your app to the Microsoft Store, you can start by filling out the form, Microsoft will contact you to start the onboarding process. you can generate an .appxupload file and upload that file directly to the store, then the user can download and install the app from store. You neither need to provide DirectX 9.0c runtime to users nor to provide VS2017 redistributables to users.

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by mkawasaki Wednesday, December 20, 2017 4:29 AM
    Tuesday, December 19, 2017 6:25 AM