none
.NET Native compilation is not working RRS feed

• Question

• .NET Native compilation is not working when Windows profile name contains non ASCII characters.

I'm not able to submit a feedback via connect because it is also not working (error ID is e7f87839-1ed3-4bf2-b22c-644d419b39ec).

Steps to reproduce:

1) Install Windows 10.
    2) Create a Windows profile associated with Microsoft account.
    3) Make sure that C:\Users\<name> folder contains non ASCII characters (for example á, é, ě, í, ý, ó, ö, ú, ů, ü, š, č, ř, ž, ď, ť, ň).
    4) Install Visual Studio 2015.
    5) Create a Blank Universal Windows App, switch configuration from Debug to Release and build a solution.
    In Output window in Build output is "error : file not found: c:\users\<mismatched name>".

This issue is blocking. I'm not able to create a App Package and submit it to the Store.

Is there any known workaround?

Monday, August 3, 2015 11:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Vaclav,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

According to your description, could you please tell me what kind of language for your OS environment?

What OS you install on your machine?

In addition, I suggest you could try to create a Blank Universal Windows App in a English language location path and then check this issue.

If you did not get same error, I suggest you could try to create a simple console app in the English language location path and then add a output line such as Console.WriteLine(@" C:\Users\<name> folder contains non ASCII characters "); check if you can output the locaton path.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14969840/problems-with-the-input-of-non-english-characters-into-a-c-sharp-console-app

Please try to do and then share me latest message about your issue.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:11 AM
  • Hi Vaclav,

What about your issue now?

Please share e latest message about your issue.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 9:02 AM