none
AppStudio-Based UWA Crashing

Question

• I looked at the developer dashboard and saw my app had a lot of failures. The error listed is:

"STOWED_EXCEPTION_System.Exception_80020006_(App_Name).W10.dll!$2_AppStudio::Uwp::Controls::HtmlViewer::_SetContentAlignment_d__115.MoveNext"

On my PC, the app begins to load and then crashes. On my Surface 4 and Windows 10 Mobile (Lumia 950) the app loads fine.

When I bring up the code in VS2015, I see an exception related to the carousel, which alas, I didn't copy before coming to work. Any pointers appreciated.

• Moved by David_FF Wednesday, February 08, 2017 2:02 AM more related to App Studio
    Monday, February 06, 2017 3:59 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

What is the OS version of the PC? Could you please share your code with us?

Best Regards,
    David_FF

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 2:16 PM
  • Hi David_FF,

The version of the Windows 10 PC I'll have to look up later. In the meantime I tried to bypass the VS2015, and just re-generate the AppStudio, and republish the basic app. I was using VS2015 just to add larger HTML content into a couple of the AppStudio pages. So after re-generating the app and downloading the package, I went to the Dev Center to upgrade the app, and after uploading the appxupload files, the Dev Center says:

"A previous submission for this app was released with a Windows 10 appxbundle. Subsequent submissions must continue to contain a Windows 10 appxbundle."

Seems that once I had used a bundle then no other upload files are acceptable. So I went back to the AppStudio and downloaded the source code, and re-opened the project afresh in VS2015, albeit on my Surface4 rather than my home PC. After recompiling the app in VS2015, and uploading the bundle into Dev Center, now it is saying:

Appxbundles (including previously published and currently uploaded) must be uniquely identified by their full names. You have provided two packages with the full name PFN=(NUM)DavidL.(App_Name),ResourceId=,Version=1.1.0.0,Architecture=X64 which have different contents. Please remove one of these packages, or increment current package versions to continue.

In VS2015, I did select the Store association first, but may have caused the problem by uploading the bundle before the app certification process, which of course now needs the full SDK upgrade of 4 gigs to be installed. I'll report back later on progress.

Tuesday, February 07, 2017 10:35 PM
  • Hi David,

Have you solve your issue? If yes, please share your solution here to let more community members to know how to solve this kind of problem.

>>A previous submission for this app was released with a Windows 10 appxbundle. Subsequent submissions must continue to contain a Windows 10 appxbundle

As you said, if you upload the appxbundle for the first time, then you need to upload this kind of package for next time.

>>Appxbundles (including previously published and currently uploaded) must be uniquely identified by their full names. You have provided two packages with the full name PFN=(NUM)DavidL.(App_Name),ResourceId=,Version=1.1.0.0,Architecture=X64 which have different contents. Please remove one of these packages, or increment current package versions to continue.

When you create your app using Visual Studio, you can unclick Automatically increment and modify the third version member manually, and then try to upload this package to the dashboard to let see if it works fine.

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 6:06 AM
  • Thanks Cherry. I've become a bit discouraged with programming UWP with App Studio, as using that tool to build a basic app while easy the results are inconsistent. I went back to the year-old App Studio source code, which hasn't changed at all, and is cloud-based, and the HTML cards act inconsistently now. Within VS2015 I am unable to make workable HTML edits to these pages, and the rendered placements of the images are not regular.

My published app is working well on my Windows Mobile, and on the Surface Pro 4. Yet I can see a number of crashes being shown in the Dev Center, and my own PC will crash as well.

I realize, too, that I was careless in trying to republish without careful attention to the version numbering, and will try again soon.

Thursday, February 16, 2017 1:37 PM