We need a way to see which package is being certified. RRS feed

• General discussion

• A release of mine recently got certified, and after not seeing any of the new features show up I checked the app details page. Turns out an older package had been certified, meaning I lost 7 days waiting for certification of a version that was already in the store. I created a new package and uploaded it again for certification. I have no way, however, of checking what version of the package is now being certified. For all I know, it's certifying the old version again and I'm going to wait another seven days for certification of a non-update. Is there any way the package version could be added to the certification status page to avoid mixups like these?

Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:49 PM

All replies

• That's a great suggestion.

Keep in mind that it takes about 24 hours for the new package to actually show up in the store after it has been certified.

You cannot submit a new package for certification without canceling the previous one or waiting for the one in progress to complete.

-Eric

Friday, October 19, 2012 7:01 PM
  • Hi Basputin,

If you arent already, you can change the App version number when you package your App, this way your description is also updated with the version number.

Thanks

Friday, October 19, 2012 10:50 PM
  • Hi Mark, I'm aware, but my issue is during the certification process. I can't tell which version is being certified because the version number (and the description) are not visible in the certification status page, so if by some mishap I uploaded an old version, I have no idea if I'm going to wait 7 days for some outdated version of my app to make it through certification. If I could see the version number (right now, it says "[App name]: release [release number]". Maybe this could be changed to "[App name]: release [release number] - Packacke version [package version number]") I would know I had accidentally uploaded the wrong version and could cancel the release and upload the proper version. Now it's just a one week waiting game.
    Saturday, October 20, 2012 8:41 AM