Java script enabled sites for a Hosted Web App... RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to create a Hosted Web App, stupid simple UWP just so I can use a 'browser' like functionality in kiosk/assigned app mode. I created a Hosted Web App and pointed to Autotask.net as that is the site I need to access. When I try to login, it just sits there spinning and never logs on. When I use the check browser functionality, it shows java script as being not available. How can this be available. What good is this hosted web app thing if I can't even log in using it. 
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 9:29 PM

All replies

• Hello,

To test this functionality, you will need to package your app as an installable package and sideload it on your device to check if it works.

The emulator is just for preview. Or you can download the source code, and open it up in Visual Studio to debug this issue.

If you get any info, you may share the specific error message here. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 31, 2017 9:29 AM
  • I'm an IT Pro who wants to use the Assigned Access / Kiosk mode in Windows 10 to log in a generic kiosk account to post a dashboard from the autotask website on a monitor at all times. Assigned access needs a UWP app and since Edge can't being used, I found someone else's blogged advice to make a quick hosted web app in App Studio. Seemed simple and straight forward but the site hangs at me logging in once created as a Hosted Web App. It will not let me through any further. Looking at the site check link, it is saying that javascript is not enabled. This might be the problem. Is there any way to resolve this?

At this point, I've decided to use UC Browser and then hit autotask from there and then get the dashboard. However, if I could get this to work on my own, there's no chance that UC browser could have other tabs opened for browsing. I'm basically trying to lock this down as much as possible. 

THanks

• Merged by Mattew WuModerator Tuesday, April 4, 2017 1:34 AM duplicated issue, duplicated dev
    Friday, March 31, 2017 8:02 PM
  • Hello,

Please open up a support ticket here: http://aka.ms/storesupport  so that App Studio support can review it.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 1:50 AM