none
UWP Notification of desktop bridge RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I want to referenece "Microsoft Store Services SDK" to implement notifications in the desktop-bridge mode.

Can this idea be realized?

Look forward to your good suggestions.

Thank you very much.

david.

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 2:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In fact, SDK can not be easily added to desktop application, I would more recommended you to use UWP store APIs in desktop app:

UWP APIs available to a packaged desktop app

To use UWP APIs in desktop app, go to your Solution Explorer window and …

1. Right click on References. Select "Add Reference…" from the context menu. On the left of the Reference Manager, choose Browse and find the following file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\UnionMetadata\[version]\Windows.winmd. Add it to your project as a reference. Note: You will need to change the filter to "All Files".
    2. Right click on References. Select "Add Reference…" from the context menu. On the left of the Reference Manager, go to Browse and find the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETCore\v4.5". Add System.Runtime.WindowsRuntime.dll to your project.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by cc_david Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:22 AM
    Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi david,

Please refer to the following document for your purpose, with the combination of the Engagement feature of Partner Center and the Microsoft Store Services SDK you can add Push Notifications to your Desktop Bridge - Win32 app.

Add Push Notifications the easy way with Partner Center + Microsoft Store Services SDK

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Hello Stanly

Thank you very much for your replay.

I took a close look at the above documentation, the above description of the document is used in the UWP program. I have mastered this, but I still don't understand how to apply it to my Win32 project. Directly referencing Winmd in Win32 will prompt ".Net Framework does not support .Net core".

Regards,

David

Monday, January 14, 2019 8:18 AM
  • Hi,

In fact, SDK can not be easily added to desktop application, I would more recommended you to use UWP store APIs in desktop app:

UWP APIs available to a packaged desktop app

To use UWP APIs in desktop app, go to your Solution Explorer window and …

1. Right click on References. Select "Add Reference…" from the context menu. On the left of the Reference Manager, choose Browse and find the following file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\UnionMetadata\[version]\Windows.winmd. Add it to your project as a reference. Note: You will need to change the filter to "All Files".
    2. Right click on References. Select "Add Reference…" from the context menu. On the left of the Reference Manager, go to Browse and find the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETCore\v4.5". Add System.Runtime.WindowsRuntime.dll to your project.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by cc_david Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:22 AM
    Thursday, January 24, 2019 7:38 AM
  • Hello Stanly

I have implemented the store purchase feature.However, the SDK for push notifications cannot be referenced.

I am trying to use the Windows 8 Http+WNS solution.

Regards,

Dvaid

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:22 AM