The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
[UWP] (C++) How to add the MoveLookController class from msdn to my app (D3D/DX 11) RRS feed

• Question

• How to add the following class to a new DirectX 11 App (Universal Windows) in C++:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/gaming/tutorial--adding-controls

I am new to C++ and I wanted to add the MoveLookController Class to my new DX11 App but I don't know how to call functions of it. I can add it to my Project but in the App.cpp InteliSense says: "Identifier 'MoveLookController' is undefined".

The projectname is Sample3DGameDX.

Right now I know how I can Change the direction where the camera is Looking from which Point and I can tilt it zoom in but I now want to make the controls for it but I cant access the MoveLookController class without defining it... And I don't know how to make itin C++.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When you tried to use MoveLookController Class, did you include the .h file of MoveLookController? If you didn't include it, it can't directly find MoveLookController. For example, I added the .h and .cpp files under Content folder in my project. So I include the .h file like below:
    #include "Content/MoveLookController.h"

And after including the file, if you want to initialize the MoveLookController class:

MoveLookController^ m_controller = ref new MoveLookController(CoreWindow::GetForCurrentThread());

For more details about how to use MoveLookController class, you can refer to this official sample.

By the way, We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!

Best Regards,

Fay

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 8:58 AM
  • Hi,

Does my reply solve your problem? Do you have any other questions you want to clarify?

The UWP section of MSDN is about to be locked down. If you have other questions, please come to Microsoft Q&A to ask questions, and we will continue to answer your questions there.

Best regards,

Fay

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

The UWP section of MSDN is about to be locked down. If you have other questions, please come to Microsoft Q&A to ask questions, and we will continue to answer your questions there.

Best regards,

Fay

Friday, December 6, 2019 8:12 AM