none
App keeps crashing during certification when using Microsoft Advertising SDK for XAML RRS feed

• Question

• In my already published app, I tried adding ADs using “Microsoft Advertising SDK for XAML” (tried adding reference via both NuGet and msi). On my dev machine both debug and release builds work fine, even .appxbundle created as part of packaging works as expected, but the app always crashes at launch for the reviewer when submitted for review (.appxupload file).

Note: The app is a Desktop Bridge app. There is a UWP app which communicates with a win32 exe. I am trying to add Ads in the UWP app.

I also tried adding following entries in the rd.xml file hoping to fix any reflection related issue, but no luck

<Type Name="Microsoft.Advertising" Dynamic="Required
    All"/>   
    <Type Name="Microsoft.Advertising.WinRT.UI" Dynamic="Required
    All"/>

<Namespace Name="Microsoft.Advertising"
    Serialize="All"/>   
    <Namespace Name="Microsoft.Advertising.WinRT.UI"
    Serialize="All"/>
    It has been over a week now and I am not able to fix the issue. Any help would be really appreciated.

• Edited by ac-lap Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:38 PM
    Monday, January 28, 2019 5:44 PM

All replies

• Hi ac-lap,

>but fails in the store published app.

Is there an error message displayed? What's the version of your Microsoft Advertising SDK? Did your app pass the local WACK test? Could you provide more details for us to analyze your issue?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 9:25 AM
  • @Daisy,

The review report only mentions that the app always crashes at start with no further description. The app package never crashes on my machine or 3 other machines I have tested on.

I am using v10.1811.22001 of the Microsoft.Advertising.XAML nuget.

<PackageDependency Name="Microsoft.Advertising.Xaml" MinVersion="10.1811.1.0" Publisher="CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US"/>

Yes, the app passed the local WACK test.

What other details do you need proceed with further analysis? Can we start an e-mail conversation for faster turnaround time?

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:13 PM
  • Hi ac-lap,

><PackageDependency Name="Microsoft.Advertising.Xaml" MinVersion="10.1811.1.0" Publisher="CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US"/>

Sorry for the delay reply.My apps used version 10.1805.7001 before, which can be successfully submitted to the store.You are using the latest version of Advertising SDK, if your app has no special requirement for the Advertising SDK version, do you mind use the version 10.1805.7001 SDK to try again?

>Can we start an e-mail conversation for faster turnaround time?

For your certification issue, you could make a support ticket to ask the team which could track your app submission for help directly.Please click 'contact us', select 'dashboard issue' as support topic and proper issue type to 'submit an incident'.

Best regards

Daisy Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 11, 2019 8:10 AM