none
Installing the app from Microsoft Store takes cached development app instead RRS feed

• Question

• Tried Stackoverflow already (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57505948/installing-the-app-from-microsoft-store-takes-cached-development-app-instead) but did not get this solved there, let's see if anybody here could help.

I'm developing a Windows Store Application. During development I've tested the app by installing the package via sideloading. The app is now published in Microsoft Store, but if I try to install it from the Store, the development package gets installed instead. How to prevent Microsoft Store from installing the development package and install the published one instead?

I have uninstalled the development app via the context menu in Start menu, but the same development app will still get installed when trying to install the published app from Microsoft Store.

The issue happens only on my own machine, other developers and customers get the published production build as expected.

I think the development build version number was bigger than the version number of the build that got published in the end. I wonder if the issue could be related to this.

Monday, September 9, 2019 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Since the problem is more related to publishing apps, I'll help you to move this thread to the Publishing Windows Store App Forum. You could get more professional support about publishing apps.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:20 AM
  • Hello,

Could you tell me how you distinguish between local development package and Store package or the detailed steps to reproduce the issue? I uninstall my app on local machine and install it from the Store, the app installed with the Store package not the local development package. 

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 8:50 AM
  • The local development package has a label with text "Development Build" visible at all times and debug tools are enabled.

I think it could be hard to find reproduction steps for this since it's not even happening to other developers of the same app in our team.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 12:46 PM