The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[UWP]Possible Memory Leak on Page Navigation for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (10.0; Build 14393) RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to UWP but I noticed an issue when I build my app targeting the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (10.0; Build 14393).

It appears that when I navigate between pages there is some memory that is leaked. I was watching the memory usage in Task Manager while repeatedly navigating between the pages. The application constantly increases memory usage as the pages are navigated to. This occurs even when the garbage collector is called. Note: I am referring to the release configuration running independent of the Visual Studio (from the app shortcut).

I did the exact same for the Windows 10 (10.0; Build 10586) and the memory was being released appropriately. 

I am not sure if anyone else has encountered this or if this is the appropriate place to discuss this issue. I think it is something worth looking into. I found the same issue occurring in the UWP Sample Applications although I did not test them with the previous build.

• Edited by Martin Zhema Wednesday, September 21, 2016 5:41 AM add tag
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 9:24 AM

Answers

All replies