none
[UWP]Unable to upload Package with a previous version number RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to upload a package to the app store I get the following error. "All .msix and apx packages (including previously published and currently uploaded) must be uniquely identified by their full names.  You have provided two packages with the full name ... which have different contents.  Please remove one of these packages or increment current package version to continue.

I do not see any way to remove a duplicate package.   To do this if I need to go into a previous submission I have an additional issue.  I only see my last submission, and there is an informational message "It may take an additional hour for your changes to show up in the store.

How can I submit a new package that has the version number of a package previously uploaded?

Thank you PJMac

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Installed packages that have been uploaded and successfully published cannot be deleted and can only be replaced.

The software version number is incremental. You cannot upload the 1.0.0 installation package if you already have the 2.0.0 installation package.

Please follow the Microsoft Store strategy to increment your version number.

Best regards.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:14 AM