none
App not launching when started after Installation from Store

Question

• After installing my application from the Microsoft Store, a popup comes up and asks the user gets if he wants to start the installed appliation. However my application fails to start when launched this way. It does not have the same problem when launched directly or via the Start button inside the Microsoft Store applicaiton. The problem is i am not able to reproduce this scenario in my debuging flow. How can i debug this? Is this a known bug? I have not had this problem with other applications.

The image below shows the type of dialog that popus up after installation. When i click Starten (start). The application does not launch

Monday, March 11, 2019 1:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

A possible way is to check the event viewer to see if there are some logs about this. Also I suggest that you could try to clear and reset Store cache. Please search about WSReset (Windows Store Reset) in the Start Menu.  Right-click on WSReset and then click Run as administrator option. Click Yes button when you see the User Account Confirmation box.  If the WSReset utility is not appearing in the search result, you can launch the same from the System32 folder (Windows\System32).  

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 5:47 AM
  • Hi Roy, thank your for the reply.

The WSReset did not resolve the problem. I was able to find the error in the eventviewer. See the error message below:

- System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  Application Error 

- EventID 1000 

[ Qualifiers]  0 

Level 2 

Task 100 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2019-03-12T07:55:27.438233300Z 

EventRecordID 5405 

Channel Application 

Computer DESKTOP-54FN1KE 

Security 

- EventData 

svchost.exe_WpnUserService 
       b900eeff 
       NotificationController.dll 
       aba6e357 
       c0000005 
       00000000000de666 
       3b24 
       01d4d846e66e9389 
       C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe 
       C:\Windows\System32\NotificationController.dll 
       881f9f93-ec25-44bd-9b70-21ed4d1dd427 

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 7:58 AM
  • Hi,

I'm sorry to say that I could offer nothing useful to help you about this. Maybe you could try to contact the store support team about this. Here is the link:Contact Microsoft Store Support

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 14, 2019 6:21 AM