Windows Phone 8.1 vs Windows Phone Silverlight 8.1 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am starting work on converting all my apps (Windows Store and Windows Phone) to Universal Apps. Because all my Windows Phone apps were originally written with Windows Phone 7 using Silverlight, there are a lot of changes I need to make and get used to (I never realized how different Silverlight was!). Something that I would like to have (or think should be available) is a list of some of the most common differences between Silverlight and Windows Runtime for Windows Phone. I think that this will encourage, and make it much easier, for people to update their Windows Phone 7 apps to Windows Phone 8.1 (and possibly Universal Apps). I also think that the MSDN documentation should be a little bit clearer, or more direct, on stating what classes are for use in only one or the other. I have had several scenarios already in which I became very frustrated trying to do something, only to find out in the end that I had to use a completely different technique or class. This is just a topic I wanted to mention, so if anyone knows of a good place to view the common differences, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

• Moved by Jamles Hez Monday, July 21, 2014 9:05 AM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:06 PM

All replies