The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Why I can't call to "*102#" from code but can from my phone ? RRS feed

• Question

• I use this code to make a call

Windows.ApplicationModel.Calls.PhoneCallManager.ShowPhoneCallUI("phone number", "display name");

My mobile operator has phone *102# after that I get my balance ( money ).

If I tried to run such code

Windows.ApplicationModel.Calls.PhoneCallManager.ShowPhoneCallUI("*102#", "display name");

I get a message couldn't call to these number, please try to enter phone by SIP keyboard. And if I entered it by standard keybaord it works ?

For me it is very important because I created my personal keyboard. And I pass phone number as string to this function.

But for another numbers is works, for example

Windows.ApplicationModel.Calls.PhoneCallManager.ShowPhoneCallUI("88122123.....", "display name");
    What can be the different ?

My .NET Blog with projects and feedback.

Since May 30, 2014 I am waiting for Microsoft fix these 2 bug. If you know how to speed them up, please help

• Edited by SmartWhy Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:38 PM
    Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:37 PM

Answers

• The public  APIs for launching the phone dialer UI are intentionally blocked from entering service codes.  There is no way to work around this limitation.

Eric Fleck, Windows Store and Windows Phone Developer Support. If you would like to provide feedback or suggestions for future improvements to the Windows Phone SDK please go to http://wpdev.uservoice.com/ where you can post your suggestions and/or cast your votes for existing suggestions.

• Marked as answer by SmartWhy Monday, February 9, 2015 3:25 PM
    Thursday, January 29, 2015 9:05 PM