none
Ads not working on approved apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have ads working on previous apps generated using VS 2017 edition.

But a few apps generated recently in VS 2019 are not working, although they are approved weeks ago.

Not sure if this related to VS 2019.

Although I used VS 2019 for developing the apps, I published using VS 2017 as VS 2019 is generating errors,

To check, I included a test app as well which seems to be working well.

Sunday, November 3, 2019 10:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Sams11,

Did you mean that you have created the new Ad for your new app which is generated by VS 2019 and packaged by VS 2017 ? Did you use the latest the version of Microsoft Advertising SDK? What is the details for the error when the app is generating by VS 2019? 

>To check, I included a test app as well which seems to be working well.

Is your test app published in the Store or a local test app with test Ad unit Id? By the way, it doesn't affect the display of ads when using VS 2019 to generate the apps.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 4, 2019 2:35 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

I should have said "To check, I included a test **ad** as well, which seems to be working well."

A couple of my apps that have the same issue are published in the store.

One of my app's ID is 9n789q9381vq.

I include live ads and one test ad in my app.

Test ad is appearing but not the live ads.

Can you let me know how to get and install the latest version of Microsoft Advertising SDK?

My xaml file has this statement

xmlns:UI="using:Microsoft.Advertising.WinRT.UI"

in the header.

The apps I created a month ago are showing ads.

The error when I was packaging using VS 2019 is below

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Suppression State
    Error Payload contains two or more files with the same destination path 'clrcompression.dll'. Source files: 
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\runtime.win7-x86.runtime.native.system.io.compression\4.0.1\runtimes\win7-x86\native\clrcompression.dll
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\runtime.win10-x86-aot.runtime.native.system.io.compression\4.0.1\runtimes\win10-x86-aot\lib\netcore50\clrcompression.dll LengthConversionFPS_To_Metric

Thanks,

Sam

• Edited by Sams11 Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:04 AM
    Monday, November 4, 2019 5:23 AM
  • Hi Sam,

>Test ad is appearing but not the live ads.
    Is this app released in the Store or a local test app? If it is a local test, it's normal to encounter this situation.

>Can you let me know how to get and install the latest version of Microsoft Advertising SDK?
    This is the latest version of Microsoft Advertising SDK.

>Error Payload contains two or more files with the same destination path 'clrcompression.dll'. 
    This problem may be caused by the version of Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform NuGet package. Could you install other versions in VS2019 to try again?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 5:26 AM
  • Hello,

I have ads working on previous apps generated using VS 2017 edition.

But a few apps generated recently in VS 2019 are not working, although they are approved weeks ago.

Not sure if this related to VS 2019.

Although I used VS 2019 for developing the apps, I published using VS 2017 as VS 2019 is generating errors,

To check, I included a test app as well which seems to be working well.

I have same issue, app published more than 2 weeks but still no ads
    Tuesday, November 5, 2019 5:52 PM
  • Test ad is appearing but not the live ads.
    Is this app released in the Store or a local test app? If it is a local test, it's normal to encounter this situation.

Hi Daisy,

App is released in the store 2 weeks ago. When I check on other computers the test ad is shown but not live ads. 

I added a test ad in addition to live ads to check if everything is working ok.

>Can you let me know how to get and install the latest version of Microsoft Advertising SDK?
    This is the latest version of Microsoft Advertising SDK.

I already downloaded and installed this SDK. No difference. 

Thanks,

Sam

• Edited by Sams11 Tuesday, November 5, 2019 7:50 PM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2019 7:45 PM
  • You are probably being hit with the same issue covered elsewhere in the forums.

At a random guess your apps wont be listed when you attempt to view the ad-performance of individual apps.

Choose 'Analyse', 'Ad performance' then use the Filter to choose a single app. If your specific app is not listed then its probably the same issue as others had over last 4 months or so.

OR,

When you look at the list of all Ad units - via 'Monetize', 'In app ads' the list shows a unit number instead of the textual app name.

To fix, Microsoft have to poke the backend with a big stick for you to cause whatever is needed to get the ad units working properly.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:52 AM
  • Choose 'Analyse', 'Ad performance' then use the Filter to choose a single app. If your specific app is not listed then its probably the same issue as others had over last 4 months or so.

_ My ad is not listed here

When you look at the list of all Ad units - via 'Monetize', 'In app ads' the list shows a unit number instead of the textual app name.

- _ I have textual app name, not unit number.

What can I do to get around this issue? 

Submit the same app under a different app name?

Looks like resubmitting the same app with another ad no. will not work either, I think!.

• Edited by Sams11 Wednesday, November 6, 2019 9:57 PM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 6:38 PM
  • Hi Sams11,

According to your description of the issue, it seems that this is not a problem of your operation. You could contact the team which can track your Ads with this link.[Steps: Contact us> Dashboard as support topic >Ads in apps as issue type > SDK/integration as Subcategory > Submit an incident.]If you get no response from the team, you could post your ticket number, I will help you to contact the team.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, November 7, 2019 6:02 AM
  • We had to report the problem to Microsoft via the dashboard support links + provide the explicit info that

i) its a new app

ii) its been published for a few weeks but not showing any ads.

iii) Its not listed in the Ad performance list.

It took a week, but MS did something with the backend dashboard (which developers cannot access) to cause it to start working.

Weve not submitted any new apps since we have to do the above so no idea if changing Ad unit numbers (or possibly submitting the same code under a different package name)  is going to work, our guess would be probably not.

Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:51 AM
  • Hi Daisy, See below the ticket no for one of my apps. I have a few more apps with similar issues.

SRX1487481128ID

• Edited by Sams11 Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:05 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 4:54 PM
  • Hi Sams11,

Sorry for the delay reply, I will help you to contact the team with your ticket number and update here as soon as I get the response.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Monday, November 11, 2019 5:42 AM
  • Daisy,

I have the same issue. Please also check SRX1487948167ID 

Thank you

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:29 AM
  • This problem come back, first happen at June and they took 1 month to resolve
    Sunday, November 17, 2019 3:00 AM
  • Hi macintoshpro,

How was this resolved? Where does the problem lie?

Could you share your experiences?

Monday, November 18, 2019 3:06 AM