[Closed] Can I combine a phone Silverlight 8.1 app with a Windows 8.1 app in store? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a phone Silverlight 8.1 app in the phone store and would like to add a WinRT 8.1 version.

As both platforms share the package.appxmanifest and the manifest has the capability to combine app ids for phone and Windows, will it be possible to combine both with a common pricing and the WindowsPhone user can get the Windows version for free if he has bought the phone version?

Thanks

Thomas

PS: The reasoning for not converting my SilverLight app to WinRT is a missing API on phone (clipboard).

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 6:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Proposed as answer by Jamles Hez Wednesday, April 15, 2015 4:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by t_s_b Thursday, April 16, 2015 4:59 PM
    Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:54 PM
  • You're sure it works with SILVERLIGHT 8.1 and not a Store phone app? A MVP I asked said otherwise but I was not completely persuaded.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 7:01 AM
  • Why don't you try it out?
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 2:50 AM
  • My Win 8.1 app is not ready yet and I would like to know if my further efforts are worth it.

I can try only when my app is ready to go, so I couldn't try it...

Thursday, April 16, 2015 4:58 PM
  • You can try without publishing it. You could also demonstrate with test apps.

It's generally recommended to reserve names early in the process anyway.

Friday, April 17, 2015 2:01 AM
  • This link is no good anymore. :(
    Sunday, May 29, 2016 11:03 PM
  • This link appears to be dead now, and I want to merge my wp 8.1 silverlight app and a windows 8.1 store app into one uwp app. Is there a way to do this?
    Monday, November 7, 2016 6:59 PM
  • When this thread was created there were two different Dev Centers: One for Phone and one for PC apps. Now that the two Dev Centers and stores are merged the above link is no longer applicable.

It is not possible to merge two app IDs, if that is what you wish to accomplish.

This thread is now closed. Please start a new thread if the above information does not address your question.

-Eric

Contact Dev Center Support

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 3:26 PM
    Owner