none
Notice: The 2014-2015 Windows App Studio Beta install certificate required for side-loaded apps is available

Question

• Hello

The
    Windows App Studio Beta has released the 2014-2015 certificate required for side-loaded apps.  If you are currently using sideloaded App Studio apps or plan to in the future, you will need to install this certificate by following the steps below:

FOR WINDOWS PHONE

1. Click on the link https://appstudio.windows.com/Job/GetAet

2. Your Windows Phone will prompt you to sign in using the same Microsoft Account (LIVE ID) email you used to sign up for App Studio

3. You will be prompted to download the file.  Choose “open”

4. You will be prompted to Add a workplace account. Choose "add"

5. Tap to open the certificate.

6. You will be prompted again to add a workplace account, but you can ignore this.  Just choose “Cancel”.

If you run into any difficulties, let us know on our support page.  If you have suggestions for features we should add, please enter them on our user voice page.

- The Windows App Studio Beta support team

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 9:46 PM

All replies

• My phone is not responding am stuck in 4th and 5th step whether i tap add or cancel.
    Friday, June 20, 2014 7:14 PM
  • Me too (Nokia Lumia 620 with WP 8.1) ?
    Friday, June 20, 2014 9:32 PM
  • My phone is not responding am stuck in 4th and 5th step whether i tap add or cancel.

Saturday, June 21, 2014 1:27 AM
  • me,too!

Saturday, June 21, 2014 1:50 AM
  • Me too
    Saturday, June 21, 2014 1:54 AM
  • i when i do add after downloading the certificate it shows nothing just the downloaded file plz help.....

Saturday, June 21, 2014 2:10 AM
  • i when i do add after downloading the certificate it shows nothing just the downloaded file plz help.....

I have Lumia... I downloaded d certificate but wen its asks for add work place... I tap on add and again it goes to the previous page and gets repeated d same thing.. Plz help
    Saturday, June 21, 2014 3:57 AM
  • Same here,,
    Saturday, June 21, 2014 7:22 AM
  • My phone(htc windows phone 8x) is not responding am stuck in 4th and 5th step whether i tap add or cancel.
    Saturday, June 21, 2014 8:54 AM
  • I downloaded the file, but, it doesn't open on my Lumia 525, I tap open and nothing happens! It happened to anyone too?

Saturday, June 21, 2014 2:04 PM
  • And now, like everyone here, I'm stuck in the 4th and 5th steps :/
    Saturday, June 21, 2014 2:16 PM
  • Hey guys, read this:

"

6. You will be prompted again to add a workplace account, but you can ignore this.  Just choose “Cancel”."

It's ok the returning to

open...

Saturday, June 21, 2014 2:20 PM
  • When I click on the liink I goes to next page and Its downloaded automatically when I click on it is add and not displaying any thing I had repeated many times Help me

download

Saturday, June 21, 2014 2:34 PM
  • Hey guys, read this:

"

6. You will be prompted again to add a workplace account, but you can ignore this.  Just choose “Cancel”."

It's ok the returning to

open...

OK, but the file is NOT loaded onto my phone (1020). 

I had no issues installing the app to my 8.1 computer and Surface RT, but the phone install is not working or I am missing something.  I do find the instructions to be a little vague.  What happens on the phone when the install IS successful?  And then when I get the email after generating my APP what steps do you take? 

• Edited by wando red Sunday, June 22, 2014 2:11 PM
    Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:09 PM
  • Same here , when tapping the add button , nothing happens still in the page over and over.
    Sunday, June 22, 2014 2:03 AM
  • me too!

how to fix it?

Monday, June 23, 2014 12:03 PM
  • Hello, 

After tapping the Add button in the image below, the certificate will be installed. Your phone will return to the initial screen with a button that says “Tap to open”. There is no feedback that indicates the success or failure of the installation. Exit the screen and you can install your generated app.

- The Windows App Studio Beta support team

Monday, June 23, 2014 5:03 PM
  • "

Hello,

After tapping the Add button in the image below, the certificate will be installed. Your phone will return to the initial screen with a button that says “Tap to open”. There is no feedback that indicates the success or failure of the installation. Exit the screen and you can install your generated app.

To to install The app, you should use The xap deployer or de sdk."

• Proposed as answer by MuSicMypower Tuesday, July 15, 2014 5:20 PM
    Monday, June 23, 2014 5:25 PM
  • I am never able to get to Step #5 - nothing ever happens after Step #4.
    Friday, October 31, 2014 2:24 AM
  • Microsoft, I do not see a response here. Please help address this. I am running into same issue.
    Sunday, January 04, 2015 7:04 AM
  • I am having the same issue.. Stuck at Step 4 and Step 5.  

This has already wasted a lot of my time and there is nobody from Microsoft helping here.. ????

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 3:32 PM
  • I am loking for a code it is for for haner

Sunday, February 19, 2017 10:57 PM
  • Jelly I know him he is a youtober But it is still alive 😆

Sunday, February 19, 2017 10:59 PM