The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Failing certification for an issue that works on the emulator and test device. RRS feed

• General discussion

• I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues like this. I have failed for an issue that works when I test it on both the emulator and test device. The funny thing is I use a screen manager and a MessageBoxScreen that I use across the board for messages and the how to play function. The how to play function passes certification but the credits part that is on a different menu than the how to play keeps failing. So I just added that information on the bottom of the how to play and took out the credits altogether because it worked. The issue was the back button was not working but I have programmed in to return to the main menu after you hit back from anywhere in the application including the MessageBoxScreen. And like I said it works on my HTC Surround and the Emulator.
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 6:06 PM

All replies

• Quote: The hardware Back Button is used to navigate back on pages (screens) within an application or between applications. ...... Also, the Back Button can be used to close menus, dialogs, navigate to a previous page, exit a search operation, or even switch applications. However, the principal usage is to navigate from the current page to the previous page. It seems your Back button works as not expected, doesn't it?
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 9:53 PM
  • I have programmed in to return to the main menu after you hit back from anywhere in the application including the MessageBoxScreen.
    The failure is not because of the emulator or the test device.  It is your incorrect handling of the Back button.  Pressing the Back button must close the current dialog, in your case the MessageBoxScreen or go back to the previous menu.  If you are sending the user back to the main menu from anywhere in the menus, you have it wrong unless the main menu was the previous menu.
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 11:07 PM