none
[UWP][XBOX] How to add support for Mouse & Keyboard on Xbox One

All replies

• Hello,

As far as I understand, best practice is to use Gamepad beacuse users love Gamepad on XBOX, do you have any specific reason for your request?

By the way, I'm trying to consult this from my internal channel.

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 15, 2019 3:01 AM
  • Hello,

From the internal channel I've got some info:

"This is not something we support for apps at this time, and we have no concrete timeline for when we will support it. Our recommendation is still Gamepad per our best practice."

And if you are actually a partner you can contact Microsoft directly from your channel for this request.  

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 15, 2019 6:04 AM
  • Thanks for your answer,

My app would benefit from Mouse & Keyboard because it is a web browser and the gamepad doesnt work quite rightly with the conjuction of XAML elements which makes the app tools and the WebView elements which presents a web page.

With gamepad, the cursor tends to disappear and not scroll down sometimes.

The information at https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/ease-of-access/mouse-keyboard

states that  "The game or app publisher must enable this feature for their content." but i could not find any information in the uwp documentation as to how to enable this feature.

Friday, March 15, 2019 9:31 PM
  • @Marcello,

Thanks for the clarification and please see my last reply. I've already have a discussion from my internal channel and the result is that this feature can be request by partners. As a standard user it is still recommend for you to use Gamepad. 

>>With gamepad, the cursor tends to disappear and not scroll down sometimes.

For this problem, it does not sound like it behaves in the right way. Can you report it directly to Feedback Hub, or is that possible for you to share us a repro?

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support

Monday, March 18, 2019 1:37 AM