none
[UWP][C#]Reading and Writing to Excel sheet in C# UWP Windows 10 App

Question

• I am working on a project for Windows 10 UWP App. I have below two problems

1. I have to upload excel sheet containing the data, and store that data into Sq-lite Database.

2. Also I have to read data from database table, and write to excel sheet in rows and column format.

I have searched a lot but could not find any library or helping blog. I would be thankful for any complete guide or sample code. Thanks!!

Monday, March 20, 2017 1:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting MSDN forum.

Since your issue is related to UWP forum, I will move the case to UWP forum.

Best Regards,

Hart

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:30 AM
  • Hello mik237,

UWP app by default does not support loading data from Excel. We do not have any API for it. But if you can transfer it to CSV file, you may try this blog:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/mt683802.aspx

We can use this way to read the CSV file and then we are able to store it in our code and then store into SQLite.

For writing to excel I cannot find any API in UWP. You need to consider use some other technology(not UWP).

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 9:53 AM
  • convert the files to xlsx format at the server side, then you can operate using normal XML parsers. 

Visual C++ MVP

Friday, March 24, 2017 12:24 PM